Thread: The Playground
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Logan watched Jake for a moment as he sat on the swing next to her, it was strange really seeing him after all of this time. The last time she had seen him was…well, back when she was what…eighteen when she was fresh out of durmstrang and newly single.

Jack got a look when he mentioned not used the box she had sent him. "You ate the cupcakes though right?" she asked because that was obviously more important than the healing supplies - those, those weren't ones she had made herself. When he mentioned the practice she wanted nothing more than to reach over and give him one of her infamous hugs but, she didn't. She just sat there on her swing, leaning towards him just slightly.
That question…it reminded her too much of what had happened at school how she had been on dates with Jake and…well, there was also the looming question he asked about Altair…was she seeing him again. The look she gave was small, almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye but it was there. The little shake of her head and the way she bit down on her lip to keep from speaking up and saying everything she wanted to say about that situation. She'd only ever told Jake that it had been messy - and messy, that had been the understatement of the millennia.

"No I'm not seeing him…" she paused for a moment when she thought about the coffee she had gotten with Altair just a while ago but that, it didn't mean anything special. Sure, it was fun…but there were no feelings there for her and that wouldn't change if he suddenly decided to try things out again…it had been long enough now that she had moved on. Leaning down she placed her coffee cup in the gravel next to her and began to slowly swing. "before you ask - no, there isn't a new guy or anything" oh right she'd forgotten to answer about baking, but that, that was harder to answer.

Baking wasn't just a job, it was like it was a part of her soul. "I'm…well, I don't really work. As a baker anymore not officially - I do make things for fun and for family and friends when they ask" she smiled softly trying maybe, to seem happier about that then she was. "I don't really know what I'm going to do…I uh applied for a job at the ministry though?...and also at this creepy seeming law firm where I'm quite sure they're the law-firm that mainly caters to dark wizards and yeah…baking, I miss it sometimes but I don't have to clean as much now which is good" she may have been trying to convince herself of that but hey, at least she was trying with her new 'adult' life.

Pumping her legs and swinging a little higher now she glanced over to him and grinned. "what have you been up to? i mean, other than healing...anything fun...have you uh are you dating anyone?" she asked her voice nearly cracking at the last question.

Oh that tangled mess of emotions that pulsed in her gut as she asked that question weren't fun. She didn't want to face that. Not now, so instead she kept her smile in place and tried to act just happy, happy for him and for everything. Happy, everything was good.
Was this fate or just lucky coincidence that they now sat next to each other on two swings in a muggle playground? Jake didn't know, but he knew that it was a very strange feeling to see Logan again after was it 6 years since last time when she had graduated from Durmstrang and he had a year left.

Turning his eyes to Logan he nodded simply "Yes, I ate the cupcakes they were delicious." He was immensely glad that she didn't push him about not using the healing supplies that had come with the cupcakes. He and healers were a very complicated chapter which was why he was still nursing his injuries in the muggle style and refused using all magical herbs and charms.

"Thank you for not pushing me about you know." It meant lots. Jake was so relieved that Logan didn't inquire further about that horrible and ghastly quidditch practice and why he was now a retired quidditch player with no intent of going back. She didn't reach over to give him a hug like she did when they dated, a hug of feeling but he noticed that she did lean closer to him. It was nice, warming.

When Logan said that she was not seeing Altair again Jake was inwardly pleased. He had never liked that guy. He hadn't told Lo about it but he and Altair had had a few choice words and such back at school, but that was ancient history now. It was not something he'd divulge now even if she asked. Looking into her eyes Jake asked surprised "You haven't dated for 6 years? But you're a pretty woman....!" Weird, if it was true.

Confused Jake said "But I always thought you'd have your own bakery some day. Wasn't that your dream?" Dreams could change though he supposed. Eating up the last of his muffin and taking the last latte sip he leaned down to put his cup on the gravel too. Straightening up he said without a doubt. "I hope you get a job at the ministry. I don't want you to work at a shady and creepy seeming law-firm with dark wizards. No, that just screams red flags, you know?"

Starting to swing a little he glanced back over a Logan and smiled "Oh, not much. I'm not dating anyone. I did but it ended last year. As for a job, i don't have one either after leaving the swedish national quidditch team. I suppose I could apply to the ministry too. I still like to camp, and do crossword puzzles."