Thread: The Playground
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
itsjustjesse
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Jake watched Logan eyes wander around as if she was looking for someone, not understanding that he was right there talking to her in person. They had spent many late night chatting about this and that in the Wolverine common room back at Durmstrang years ago especially when she needed comfort and someone to vent to so she had to know his voice anywhere right? Just like Jake knew Logans.

Studying her had to admit to himself that his friend sounded the same, but she had become way more beautiful then when he had seen her last. The years when they had been apart and not dating had certainly changed Logan's appearance, but had it changed her personality too? Time would tell. Seeing her again, certainly made many emotions stir inside him that he didn't want to inspect right then and there.

Jake slowly walked over to sit down on the empty swing beside Logan, to honestly buy himself sometime to figure out just what to reply to that very loaded question. "I'm recovering, " flashing her a small smile of appreciation Jake murmured "Thanks for the box Lo, but I haven't really used its content. I erm didn't get how to use the supplies you sent me." Which was a big lie. He knew, he just was iffy about using medical stuff on himself. "Thank you, it was a horrible practice that ended horribly." Changing the topic from him to her quickly Jake asked "So how are you Lo? Are you still working as a baker? Are you dating Altair again?"
Logan watched Jake for a moment as he sat on the swing next to her, it was strange really seeing him after all of this time. The last time she had seen him was…well, back when she was what…eighteen when she was fresh out of durmstrang and newly single.

Jack got a look when he mentioned not used the box she had sent him. "You ate the cupcakes though right?" she asked because that was obviously more important than the healing supplies - those, those weren't ones she had made herself. When he mentioned the practice she wanted nothing more than to reach over and give him one of her infamous hugs but, she didn't. She just sat there on her swing, leaning towards him just slightly.

Gulp.

That question…it reminded her too much of what had happened at school how she had been on dates with Jake and…well, there was also the looming question he asked about Altair…was she seeing him again. The look she gave was small, almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye but it was there. The little shake of her head and the way she bit down on her lip to keep from speaking up and saying everything she wanted to say about that situation. She'd only ever told Jake that it had been messy - and messy, that had been the understatement of the millennia.

"No I'm not seeing him…" she paused for a moment when she thought about the coffee she had gotten with Altair just a while ago but that, it didn't mean anything special. Sure, it was fun…but there were no feelings there for her and that wouldn't change if he suddenly decided to try things out again…it had been long enough now that she had moved on. Leaning down she placed her coffee cup in the gravel next to her and began to slowly swing. "before you ask - no, there isn't a new guy or anything" oh right she'd forgotten to answer about baking, but that, that was harder to answer.

Baking wasn't just a job, it was like it was a part of her soul. "I'm…well, I don't really work. As a baker anymore not officially - I do make things for fun and for family and friends when they ask" she smiled softly trying maybe, to seem happier about that then she was. "I don't really know what I'm going to do…I uh applied for a job at the ministry though?...and also at this creepy seeming law firm where I'm quite sure they're the law-firm that mainly caters to dark wizards and yeah…baking, I miss it sometimes but I don't have to clean as much now which is good" she may have been trying to convince herself of that but hey, at least she was trying with her new 'adult' life.

Pumping her legs and swinging a little higher now she glanced over to him and grinned. "what have you been up to? i mean, other than healing...anything fun...have you uh are you dating anyone?" she asked her voice nearly cracking at the last question.

Oh that tangled mess of emotions that pulsed in her gut as she asked that question weren't fun. She didn't want to face that. Not now, so instead she kept her smile in place and tried to act just happy, happy for him and for everything. Happy, everything was good.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________