Thread: The Playground
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
No no no no and nope. Despite being 2 and a half and pretty much completely potty trained (bar sleep time), Cecily had decided to do the worst number 2 in her lovely clothes that her Mum had picked out to make sure everyone knew that she was looked after SO well. Instead, she was now in a Christmas jumper and leggings because it was the only outfit that she hadn’t got paint on yesterday.

Elodie was less than impressed as she arrived in Diagonal Alley hand-in-hand with her scruffy looking toddler — what was it with their inability to keep their hair in cute pigtails all day?! Children. We’re. Exhausting. Why did she want another one again??

She heard Emmerson before she saw her and headed in the direction of the louder child and the swings. ”Look for Auntie Lex, Pebs. Can you see her? Where’s Auntie Lex?” Huh. Hm. Well, Cece at least noticed the familiar looking woman and had pointed right on over to where she was sitting.

As the two slipped to sit with her, Elodie smiled softly and muttered a few apologies for the state of Cece’s hair. It had been one of those mornings...
YES, she was looking. Hazel eyes completely locked on the energetic little ball of blonde hair and the kid was STILL insisting she "look". Only thing left to do at this point was pluck her own eyeballs out and hand them to the little girl. Barring that, there was no more looking than she was currently doing.

But it'd never really been about the looking. No, she knew what the 3 year old was really asking of her. "Wow, lookit you! You're going so high, it's amazing!" Little praise monger that she was. Some may have been concerned with the obvious absence of safety in the little girl but the ground was charmed and a little fall every now and then was a far better teacher than "Oh be careful you don't fall honey". All it'd take was the right fall to get THAT message into her head and if she didn't fall, even better. Life was meant to be lived and it shouldn't have been done in fear.

She'd been set to offer up more praise when she was joined by their company for the afternoon. Lex almost snorted at the apology before pointing to her own child. "If she isn't going to dance or gymnastic, it doesn't get combed." Order of the little girl who'd learned how to firmly and fiercely scream NO. It was a little impressive if she was being honest. She wiggled her fingers in greeting for Little Italy. "Wanna go play with Emmerson?" Who...she expected to be over here any minute now actually. She was never one to turn down attention.

"She's getting so big, Circe. Wasn't it yesterday I was at your house eating cupcakes that said you were having a baby?" A slight exaggeration but it FELT like yesterday.

Emmerson beamed wide, wiggling enthusiastically, willing to go higher so her Mummy could tell her she was amazing AGAIN! "Look! Look! I'm hiiigher!" Not by much but she'd be taking that compliment no--

"Auntie 'Lodie!!!!!" She squealed, stepping/hopping/falling off the swing to go greet them. Emm wasted barely any time on the floor before scrambling to her feet and running over. The little girl settled herself in the V of her mothers legs but grinned brightly up at the woman. "Did you see me swwwiiiinnngggiiinnngggg?" For now, she paid little attention to Cecily, thinking this FAR MORE IMPORTANT.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote