View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
debpetrisor
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daehyun "Daniel" Yoon
Third Year
Default Second outfit, fifth post, and all done!

SPOILER!!: Shera <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
"Are you kidding, I'm already working with Professor Marchand to learn how to cast an illusion spell..." she trailed off lightly, giggling at the memory of her first talk with him. "I told him it was so that I could just wear jeans instead of dress robes for special occasions."

Because that was another added benefit.

No more skirts, no more dress robes. Shera was setting herself up really well if she didn't say so herself. She briefly wondered if she'd get away with casting an illusion spell on the fabric after draping it over the mannequin if she had mastered it already... probably not.

With white fabric in her hands she got to work on a simple, loose fitting, long t-shirt. At least it would be comfortable. She had been so refocussed as she worked on cutting what she needed and beginning to sew she almost hadn't realised Daehyun's renewed interest in her work.

"Huh?" she paused for a moment, before her brain caught up to her and she finally registered the question that he'd asked. "Oh... I think some kind of jacket or flannel... I haven't really decided on which one to use. That or a denim jacket. I think I'll try that first because it looks harder to work with...."

Shrugging her shoulders lightly she went on with her work, determined to have this piece of clothing finished shortly. Before she completely lost hope and/or motivation for this assignment.

At least she had Daehyun to keep her company and work alongside.

Daehyun's eyebrows lifted slightly when Shera had told him she was already working on illusion spells. "How's that going?" He was a bit surprised that professor Marchand had agreed to teach her an illusion spell without being suspicious as to why an ickle first year would have something to hide, but then again, he'd probably been too excited to see students interested in learning extra stuff.

Focusing back on his task, Daehyun had finished the white top, being extra careful not to mess the collar up, so he'd gotten started on the final piece that would complete his outfit. There wasn't so much work left to do, except the only new things he needed were two strips of the same burgundy fabric he would use.

"Go for flannel?" he offered when Shera seemed unsure of what to do. He quite liked it, and jackets seemed just way too complicated to make.

Once he had all the pieces cut out, he'd started on the last stitches, and finished the top off by manually sewing the two strips of fabric on one side and another. He then started dressing up his second dummy by starting with the trousers, the white top was next, followed by the burgundy one, and he'd finished it off by tying a neat bow in the front.

And he was finally done!

"I think I'm all done here," he said as he turned to Shera. "Want me to wait for you?" He secretly hoped she would say yes, because maybe they could drop by the kitchen for a snack. He had a feeling Shera wouldn't need any convincing on that part.