Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 08:02 AM   #42 (permalink)
Giant Squid
Other Characters
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bartholomew Henry
I like shiny things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterobsessionist View Post
That wink from Noelle did not go unnoticed. Nor did the appearance by Bartholomew. Obviously. "Oh yes, yes, I'm sure there'll be no problem." Haraldur flicked one of the feathers on his head. "The merpeople are not evil creatures per se. They will surely send someone nice over to discuss things with you, Mr. Katharos, before they drag you down for fishing without permission. As long as Bartholomew isn't around you'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine." Heh. Jokes.

Haraldur saluted the giant squid as he floated closer to them. "Well, look who it is, kids! Bartholomew! Dun, dun, dunnnnnn. "Hello, hello, lovely day, isn't it?." Lovely, as in too hot OOOOBVIOUSLY. But the squid liked the sun so he guessed lovely was the appropriate wording.

Having any luck? So far, only plants and mud but he left that to the ickle/firstie/boiiii Dorian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
The more the professor talked, the more unsure the first year looked. What if he wasn't lying and he was warning him about the merpeople? And then Noelle started to talk about how they were the kings and Queens of the Lake. What if he got dragged in to the lake for violating their code?!

"Uhm...i'm Dorian" he said as he placed down the fishing rod on the grass. Maybe he should wait with fishing till he was a hundred percent sure that he could.

Bartholomew? Who was Barthol--- oh...

Dorian's eyes widened as the Giant Squid came out of the water and he just stared at it. He wasn't even listening to the Gryffindor Prefect and professor anymore. He had heard stories of his dad about the Giant Squid but to actually see it with his own eyes was ..SO COOL!

"Uh...not really...i caught a plant though" he said after waving his own hand at the Giant Squid absentmindelyBut then another thought came to his mind and he freaked out again. Not because the creature could possibly call the Merpeople but because..."How am i able to understand Squiddish?!" he asked, voice going high as he looked from the Giant Squid to the Professor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Noelle was debating on grabbing a fishing pole or make shifting one to join Dorian in his fishing ventures. She grinned but then the giant squid was there.

......and talking.

Noelle had NEVER known that the Giant Squid could talk. She'd heard rumors but she just thought they were hogwash. But here he... she ... Henry.. so probably a boy. Here he was swimming in front of them... or more like sitting? resting. That was a good word.. Resting in front of them.

Blink

Okay so Dorian was just as surprised. But she was a seventh year and he was an ickle. How had she gone this long without hearing the Squid???

"I didn't realize you talked!" Noelle said, open mouthed in surprise still. "I mean... its awesome."
"Yes, it really is a lovely day. I thought it would be a good idea to bask in the sun before it gets way too cold." This was why he liked the summer so much. Of course that had came to an end and winter would be approaching soon enough.

OH! Well, that was a real shame that they were having no real luck with fishing so far; Bartholemew Henry knew that it was much easier for a Squid to do that kind of thing than it was for humans. He didn't really get their method of catching them, but it certainly could be successful. "Well, keep at it and I'm sure you might catch something." And if not they would probably have fun regardless. "Oh, yes. I can certainly talk. I've had a number of conversations with staff and students here." Even Albus Dumbledore.