Thread: Outdoor Garden
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 04:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
ACTIVISTS
Other Characters
Dugbog

Just in case there were some at the conference who were avoiding the dinning terrace, the microphone had been charmed to have a type of intercom effect. Which meant that every room (save for the Atrium) was hearing Butch's speech.

"Now, I know you all are wondering just what my fellow activists and I have against environmentalism and all that. Well, we don't have a problem with environmentalism. It's just that the environmentalism that the Ministry is trying to sell you here one: isn't true environmentalism. It's not ripping up the real, natural grass that's growing out of the ground and replacing it with fake grass made from tires and who knows what else just avoid using pesticides and herbicides or a little bit of mowing. It's not casting spells on trees just so they grow quicker than what nature intended just so you can have some shade or being vegetarian or vegan just because you heard some whacky rumor that cows help contribute to global warming. It's about caring for the planet you have by reusing and recycling, using stuff made out of recycled materials, conserving water and electricity anyway you can (within reason), finding cleaner ways to get said electricity and finding natural solutions to our bug and weed problems.

Secondly, some of the things suggested here put us at risk of being exposed to the Muggles. Which not only violates the International Statue of Secrecy, but puts us in great danger. Because, as much as the Ministry may want to deny it, Muggles are not our friends. I mean, just look at how they treat those amongst themselves who are different! And just as they have in the past, if they knew about us, they would turn that hate over and use it to persecute us into the ground.

So, these are the reasons we are here to protest today. Not because we don't love our environment, but because we do."
And with that, Butch turned off his mic and stepped off the stage while his friends moved in to take down the stage.

These activists stopped their air horns just long enough for Butch's speech to be heard. But the minute it was over, they ALL let out a big, long "TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOoooOOOOOT!" of their air horns in agreement and celebration loud enough that it was probably heard in the other rooms as well. Go Butch!