View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #99 (permalink)
Govoni

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

Okay, but look... As someone with a mother who enjoyed cooking and doing all those sorts of things in the kitchen, Olivia was confused why people SHOULD learn to cook with magic. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Liv would think that learning to cook WITHOUT magic would be the more important task. Seeing as things can often times go wrong with magic, and it was important to have a backup plan. But perhaps she was putting too much logic to these things.

Heh. Or perhaps not.

"Sir, I think it should be the complete opposite." Let her explain! "Sure, magic makes things more convenient...and it's practical for the House Elves to use magic since they cater to hundreds of students. The logic behind that is sound, but for day to day meals, when you've moved into your adult life, and are preparing food for your family, I'd like to think that doing so without magic would be more fulfilling." Olivia had prepared a meal for Rooney before, when she'd planned their Beauty and the Beast date. She'd practiced making those dishes for months on her own to get them just right. That was love. "For cleanup purposes, sure. Magic would be wonderful, but for the actual process of cooking... I think the muggle approach would simply be....for lack of a better word, better."

Liv wasn't meaning to be long-winded, but she'd gotten fixated on this topic, and when that happened, she had to make her opinion heard. Gryffindor problems. Truly. "I think the only instance I'd use magic would be for slicing fruits and vegetables. That is a very time consuming task."

After she'd finished speaking, the Gryffindor turned to regard some of her classmates. The way they talked about using magic to prepare food... It was easy to see they'd never actually cooked a meal before. Liv would often watch her mother move around their kitchen, so graceful and sure of herself, that it was a sight to behold. Cooking made her happy, and not to be disrespectful or anything, but the use of magic felt like cheating. It reduced the art to something cheap and easily imitated. It took away every ounce of skill. Anyone could use magic. "I think it's important to do things without magic, just as much as with, sir. We shouldn't whip out wands out for every little thing, too."

Okay, okay... She was finished.

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____