View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default Omg! Its gemma! :o
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
The worst part of the feast was having to wait for the Headmistress to get on with her speech. Sure, there were plenty snacks available on the train journey to Hogwarts but that wasn't substantial enough to fill the stomach of a growing boy. Not nearly enough.

Maxton's stomach growled impatiently and he sighed loudly. Hurry uuuup. The twelve year old glanced around at his peers and fidgeted a tad uncomfortably. Big groups of people made him uncomfortable.

He wasn't one to strike up a random conversation so instead he just stared at everyone. He liked to people watch.
Despite the interesting and unexpected and surprising conversation she seemed to have struck with Kirk on the train, Sky figured she ought to at least start the feast at her own house table. Welcome the new snakes and all, not to mention the opportunity to see who her new house leaders would be, since both Nat and Colt had graduated.

Scanning the table, she sighed when she didn't see Vivian or Junia yet. Perhaps they'd been sitting near the back of the train and were in one of the later carriages. She did note Declan and a younger snake and Katy playing ... cards? Strange, but she wasn't really up for cards. There were also a couple unfamiliar faces too, which she would introduce herself to later. First things first, she took a seat opposite from Daisy's kid brother, because she didn't really know the younger Carden a whole lot, and he seemed ... interesting. Well, smart, at least. For a first year, now second year.

That and by sitting near him, she figured she could get a view of the staff dais for new and returning professors. "Hi. Maxton, right?" Skylar said conversationally. "I'm a friend of your sister's." Which hopefully wouldn't be a bad thing?

Nonetheless, her eyes darted up to start her usual scan of the table. C Stewart was there at the end, which meant she would have a Transfiguration Professor for more than one term! New Potions instructor, which hadn't surprised her. K Stewart returned. New face next to her, which was librarian seat, she was sure? Which made her wonder if the outburst she had witnessed last term had anything to do with Cynthia Davis not returning. The female Newton was back again, which delighted Sky. Along with Professor Myers and Healer Reed, the latter of which, she smiled. So only two new on that side of the Headmistress.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.