View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #110 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Lucas nodded again. He was leaning towards something was big enough to attract much attention but he could adjust to something smaller, just as long as it had the outcome they were hoping for. But what was that look that Mariel just gave him? It was difficult for him to assess what that look meant. "Is something the matter?"

Her suggestion did made him forget about it momentarily though. "I will. They'll give us some great suggestions, I know.'' It's times like these he loved his department. Everyone was always willing to pitch in. Especially Tallie. Excuse him for being bias. As a matter of fact, the moment he left here, he'd get right on getting some suggestions from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
A streak of silver slipped into the room and the voice of Victoria Culloden came from the creature. "Mariel there is some strange box that will not open in the patents office. Adam, Javi, and I are in there, but it has some Runes on it that none of us know how to read. Please come as soon as you can." As soon as the message was said the creature vanished.
Okay, good, they were about done here. Mariel did not care for over-extended meetings, preferring conciseness almost always. It was near lunch time plus she had several meetings afterwards that she would need to look over her notes while she ate. But she didn't usually mind a working lunch anyway.

She raised an eyebrow to his question. What gave him that idea other than his own odd manner? "Nothing is the matter. I simply wanted to know why you would feel the need to speak to Tallie outside of work about a work issue when you work in the same office." She basically repeated what she said a moment ago, only a bit slower since he didn't seem to understand it the first time. "I expect professionalism at all times here and a brief meeting should be conducted between you and the other members of your team to finalize the rest of the details now." Really. She couldn't consider him for future leadership positions if he could not comprehend this simple business decorum.

"Well, if there's nothing else.." Mariel was about to dismiss Lucas when a silvery patronus came into her office. Why Victoria was in the Patents Office worrying about their shipments, she did not know. And she didn't exactly understand what the issue was or why she needed to be summoned via patronus. That division was usually on top of their products and what was going on over there, but if they felt so compelled to call for her, she'd see what it was about.

"I suppose I need to head down there," she said to Lucas as she got up from her desk. "If you fancy seeing what that's all about," she added with a chuckle. "Feel free to join me." Otherwise, she was sure he had his own work to do and wouldn't keep him from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post

The blonde took another deep breath. She was nervous, but she tired her best to hide it. She had been in the department for many years now, still doing the same thing. Not that she did love what she did because she did. Stepping into the office she smiled. "Hello Mariel." Moving closer to her department heads desk. She wasn't going to sit down quite yet.

"I wanted to talk to you about possibly taking a new position." She knew that there were a few open. She really just wanted more of a change, and didn't want to leave the department. She knew that the Gobstones Division Manager as well as the Recreational Sports Division Manager. Mercedes felt that she had been around long enough to take on either of those roles. But if Mariel wanted her to stay where see was with her experience then she would understand. Knowing that those positions needed to be filled. She was wanted to put her name in for when the time came.
Looking up from the paperwork on her desk, Mariel watched as Mercedes came in. She noticed that she did not sit in any of the open chairs and the department head wasn't sure if she was waiting for an invitation, so she gestured towards the chairs in front of her desk. "Please... have a seat."

A new position? she found it interesting for her to inquire about that, and Mariel quirked a curious eyebrow as she considered her words. "I see. So what were you thinking?" She was aware of some of the promotable positions that were available but she'd like to know what Mercedes thoughts were first. It might be something that could work out after all.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line