View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston had only just replaced the ring in his pocket when Rose's voice caused his head to whip around, spilling his dark hair into his eyes. His heart skipped a beat as he saw her. She was always beautiful, both inside and out, but there was something tonight that made her look extra special. And no, it wasn't lost on him that she was wearing his favorite colors. The heels were unexpected, though. Merlin, she could've broken her neck climbing up here in those! He silently berated himself for not thinking to hold her birthday celebration somewhere else.

For a moment, all he could do was gape at her, at a complete loss for words. "Happy birthday, ma chérie!" he exclaimed once he'd found his voice. He gave her a little kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear, "Oh, Rose, you look even more beautiful than ever!" He saw the emotion written on her face, and his smile faded slightly. Had he not done enough? Was she disappointed? "Is everything alright, ma belle?" he asked, his bright blue eyes growing wide with concern. Seeing her like this was making him emotional, and he silently held her for a few moments.

"Shall we?" he said, taking Rose's hand as he led her toward the table. He pulled a chair out for her before taking a seat beside her. His hand trembled slightly as he drew his wand and aimed it at the rose-shaped candle atop the cake; a small flame shot out from his wand and lit the candle. "Make a wish, my Rose!" he said with a smile, though he couldn't quite hide the panicked look in his eyes. Get a hold of yourself, Gaston! He told himself sternly. Soon the flame would be out and they could carry on as normal... he hoped.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...