View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston was fighting a losing battle with his tears. It was absolutely unfathomable to him how that man could have Rose's heart, then turn around and hurt her like that! Knowing that she wasn't still heartbroken about it made him feel a little better, and he was able to manage a shaky smile for her. But what Rose said next shattered the already tenuous hold he had on his emotions. Not one of his past girlfriends had ever said those words to him; it made his heart burst with joy and love for her! He knew she loved him, but he never would've dared to dream she loved him that much! He was smiling even wider as he looked back at Rose, despite the tears streaming from his bright blue eyes, and he hugged her a little tighter. It was all he could do not to burst out sobbing!

"I'm so sorry about this," he finally said, wiping his eyes. "Loving words just have that effect on me..." His smile faded a little when Rose asked what happened with his engagement. and he couldn't help but notice she seemed a little angry. His heart dropped. Was she angry at him for not telling her before? "It was years ago, when I worked for the French Ministry of Magic," he explained. "Her name was Edeline; she was a division head in my department. She made me feel welcome there when no one else did..." Just like Rose had when he came to Hogwarts. "We dated for over a year, and I was going to propose to her but..." He sighed wistfully; this part was making him sad to remember. "Three days before I planned to propose, she got a job offer from the Russian Ministry. I knew she'd be happier there than she ever could be with me, so I told her to take the job." Ending the relationship had been hard, but knowing she would be happy made it a little less sad for him.

Gaston's eyes darted apprehensively toward Phantom as Rose reached out to pet her. The black and white Persian stopped chewing on her fish for a second and looked up at Rose, but this time, the look wasn't exactly angry, more curious than anything else. The cat showed little reaction to Rose's petting; she didn't try to scratch or bite but she wasn't purring either, just nonchalantly went back to nibbling her toy. Gaston laughed; he was glad to see both of his girls getting along!

He took a sip of his coffee, and his eyes lit up as he looked back at Rose and saw how happy she looked. "Maybe I can pull some strings and convince Professor Evremonde to give you the grand tour someday," he said. Now that he knew how much Rose wanted to see his old school, he was determined to make it happen for her! He squeezed Rose's hand back, and then she kissed him. He eagerly returned the kiss, but he saw the tears in her eyes when he looked at her. He knew (or at least he hoped)they were tears of joy, but it still ripped apart his heart to see Rose cry because of anything he'd done. Still, he never wanted her to feel like she had to hide her emotions around him! Unsure what to do, he gave her a hug.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...