View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Becky
Hufflepuff

DMC & DIMC
ICW Ambassador
SS 100 Triumphant
Veela

Ministry RPG Name:
Becca Yenorin

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Stuart Taylor
International Cooperation
Liz's Bestie ● Helvetica ● ● Jigglypuff ● Jeff Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Regina thought for a moment about her career. "I would like to be an Auror in say, five to ten years time. I am not really thinking that far ahead, considering I've just joined the Ministry."

Was being a Legilimens nice? It wasn't always a good skill to have. "It has its good points and bad points. Hearing someone think very negatively of you can hurt which is why I find it hard to make friends. It's hard to trust people."

So Becca had the ability to lie to those with the skills of a Legilimens. Regina smiled to herself.
"Well, it will all come in time, though if you aspire to be an auror, you should start as soon as possible. You never stop learning." Becca assured her. She'd been learning things all the time and still was. "Ah, well I'm sure that it can be horrible, but you also have to remember that it's not what people think that is the issue, it's what they say that makes them who they are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Eliora raised her eyebrow, pursed her lips and tutted in the direction of the woman that had been a complete idiot at the beginning of the year in the conference room. "We're not friends. Don't talk to me." And...as for the contents..... "I was talking about the atmosphere. Not the amazing freebies." Grinning at the presence of the t-shirt, Eliora shrugged. "I, for one, think they're wonderful." And to make her point, she placed the goody bag on the floor and started to put the shirt on.

Her arms were in the air and the fabric was over her face when the whole thing happened... One minute she was steady on her feet and the next.............she was on the floor and her arms were bent awkwardly inside of the tshirt. "ohmygod" Why. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

WHY HER?!

WHY NOW?!

WHY WHEN SHE LOOKED SO DAMN GOOD?!

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaahd.

FLAIL.
Oh, they weren't friends? The woman had decided that, huh? Becca shrugged, letting her indifference be known and chose to ignore her foolish adoration for the t-shirts. Her eyes had turned to the commotion that was being caused by Maddox and she sighed. "Maddox, for Merlin's sake! You're an adult! Act like one!" With her own animagus being a lioness, Becca could understand some of the noises he was making. Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, Becca finally looked back to the woman who had been rude. She crouched down next to her and spoke softly. "Well, I'd love to help, but apparently we're not friends." And that would teach her to be rude to people. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Rose was actually nervous for this Ministry Orientation gala. A night out with her new co-workers could go exceptionally well in the first impression department or it could just turn into one giant disaster, that she just wanted to quickly erase from memory. If only Rose could have persuaded Leo to come along for support, but she was 32 years old so she couldn't ask him. It'd be like reverting back to teen years and she was an independent woman now and proud of it.

Pulling some dark strands of hair behind her ears, Rose entered the Check-In Area and clickety-clacked her way over on white heels to compliment her pink dress, to the goody bag table. Apparently they got presents on their unofficial first day of work and a nametag. If the nametag she had to pin to her clothes everyday was hideous could she just refuse to wear it or would that mean breaking some unspoken work rule?

Overhearing a man and a woman talking nearby about the content of the goody bags Rose moved closer to them after picking up her temporary ID which she stared at for a good long minute the, before she muttered out loudly in exasperation as she waved it around in the air. "Is this for real? Is it so hard to type Rose Kitridge correctly? I'm not called Roseann, RosieRose or Kiltridgers!! I refuse to wear this ID, can someone give me a new one?"

Giving the man a closer look, Rose momentarily forgot her exasperation as she blurted out in wonder "You're Rose, Aaron Rose, that plays quidditch, aren't you?"
As she was waiting for Aaron's response, Becca glanced at a woman who became exasperated and raised an eyebrow. Wait... Kitridge. She was one of hers! "Ms. Kitridge, please accept our apologies. I will get you a new one immediately." What oaf had written these out? Surely it had to be someone who didn't care. Maybe the woman who was on the floor?

But tomorrow is ours to win or lose.