View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Becky
Hufflepuff

DMC & DIMC
ICW Ambassador
SS 100 Triumphant
Veela

Ministry RPG Name:
Becca Yenorin

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Stuart Taylor
International Cooperation
Default I'm here for any of you <333
Liz's Bestie ● Helvetica ● ● Jigglypuff ● Jeff Vader

SPOILER!!: Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Regina made her way towards the table that was full of the Orientation Goody-Bags. She collected hers and had a look at the contents. When she saw the t-shirt, her eyes darkened. Property? She was nobody's property. She was employed by the Ministry but they didn't own her.

She then continued along and grabbed her temporary ID. Regina then began to look for a Department Head.

Another smirk appeared on Becca's face at the look she saw on this other person's face, though it disappeared as fast as it had appeared. Approaching her, Becca gave her a welcoming smile. "Hello there! I hope you don't mind me approaching you, but I saw your reaction to the t-shirt there and I was hoping that you could give me your opinion out loud and give me the t-shirt? I plan to make the Minister aware of people's reactions to these." She'd write the opinion on the t-shirt.

SPOILER!!: Airey and Maddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
If his first day back at Hogwarts had been a surreal experience...this this was out of body like.

Approaching the table with Pebbles in hand, one Airey Flamsteed was baffled that this was where life had taken him...and he really only had Sophie Brown to blame for that. HUNTING him down and showing up at his door with a bouquet of astronomically festive lollipops like that and reading him the affectionate riot act about subjects he never imagined a former student would address him about...while holding his daughter. Work at the UK Space Agency had been great, far better than he had expected and on par with his previous experience working with NASA...but also just as heart-wrenching.

Perhaps more given there was no injury to blame for things this go around.

"No need to be nervous," he assured his pet rock...and himself. "You survived 11 years of teenage hormones and tears." Blue eyes glancing around the table, he looked for a goody bag with his name on it - because that was how this worked, yes? "Which color is Mysteries? Or is that a ........ mystery?"

Har har.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
His second Orientation here and the man wasn't any more enthused than he was last year. Don't get him wrong, he loved his job and the way he'd finally gotten his office smelling just right but this could have been one of those events best attended from his bed.

Maddox meandered his way through the new employees waiting to get their goodie bags but stopped quite suddenly when a particular scent caught his nose. It smelled like.....well...frankly it smelled like "Airey?"

AAAaaaIIiiRRRrrrEEEeeeYYYYyyYYy!!!!!!

Quick as that, forgetting all the energy saving he'd been doing, the man shrunk into the form of a cat and bounded toward his friend. With a clear spring in his step, the small black figure with large yellow eyes pounced on the man, nuzzling him and purring BECAUSE HE MISSED HIM. Did he know?? Did he miss him too???? How was NASA?? He should ask, but later when he could speak. Had to do this while he could before the man freaked and threw him....far.

Upon hearing the slightly amusing comment on Mysteries, Becca had turned to see who had uttered it and was confronted with Maddox turning into his animagus and jumping on the man. Becca took a deep breath, did her best not to roll her eyes and turned to look away. That wasn't right and most people freaked out at cats jumping on them.

SPOILER!!: Eliora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
It was unusual for Eliora to worry about who her children were being taken care by, but for tonight she had let her ex take both of them overnight. And she was flustered by it. Nathan wasn't a bad dad, but she had primary custody of both Briar-Rose and Levi and to leave them alone with him was still hard for her. Even though they had split up four years ago, things were still difficult and co-parenting was hard now that she couldn't keep an eye on his romantic life as easy as she once had been able to. The thought of another woman meeting her children made her sick to the stomach... However, she pushed all of those thoughts right to the back of her head as work commitments came before worrying about the father of her children.

As she entered the orientation event, she took a goody bag labelled with her department and decided that she would look through it when she had a seat somewhere else. Probably with food. And coffee if they had it. Maybe they'd have actual coffee and not the decaf she'd been having to drink at home because of the twitches it was giving her. It was heartbreaking to have medical problems from the love of your life.

"Eight years and this stuff never gets better."

Eight years? Eliora took a double take and counted out the years she had worked for the Ministry of Magic on her fingers. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight......... Eight years in the exact same job role. She was going to be a plain spell researcher for the rest of her career, wasn't she? Promotion, pls.

"It doesn't get better after ten or twenty either." The red-head stated simply to the woman who didn't seem impressed at all. "I hope I can get the contents changed soon." Like getting rid of that ridiculous t-shirt.

SPOILER!!: Aaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
It was because he lost in his own thoughts that it took Aaron a moment to realize someone had been talking to him. Merlin, what? He really was getting old, wasn't he? Looking around just to be sure, he frowned at sight of a cat nuzzling a wizard a few paces away, but well yea she was definitely talking to him.

She'd introduced her name but truth be told, he was fairly famous - least in the sports world - so he held off saying who was, for now at least. "My opinion? Yea sure?" she wasn't trying to be a thief of all the free cafeteria beverage coupons, was she? Because that wouldn't be cool. Aaron uncertainly held his bag out for her to have a peek, unconsciously wishing he'd taken his coupon and pocketed it already.

Becca offered the man a small smile when he seemed surprised that she was talking to him, but then he quite happily offered his goody bag to her. Reaching in, Becca took out the t-shirt and held it up. "What is your honest opinion of this t-shirt?" That was all she would take from his bag because she was a good girl. Plus, she wasn't going to steal anything right in front of him. Becca was far more subtle than that if she needed something.

SPOILER!!: Albert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Albert arrived at the Ministry Orientation shindig in his resplendent blue Grieves and Hawkes three-piece suit, with his nose in the air as he quietly observed his new environment. Tightening his grip on his trusty umbrella, he moved forward to one of the tables to inspect it.

Oh, he was supposed to pick his ID out? Shame, he knew better not to do it by himself, considering that he would need the permission of the event organisers first, therefore, he kept his hands to himself, as his eyes wandered to the many identifications across the table. 'Look at those poor souls. What were their parents thinking when they named these children?' he thought to himself.

Also, what was inside the so called 'swag bag'?

"If I may?" Becca approached the gentleman who was holding his umbrella like he'd die if he lost it. "My name is Becca Yenorin and I'd like to welcome you to the Ministry. I can assure you that your umbrella is quite safe here, you need not hold onto it quite so tightly all night. Surely your hand will get tired?" Just a gentle nudge of 'trust people or at least trust me' might help him to relax.

But tomorrow is ours to win or lose.