View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #162 (permalink)
Thereos
Forbidden Forest Centaur
Dugbog

Default Professor Paul Myers, we need you in cave 1, pronto.

SPOILER!!: Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

His only regret was that he was doing so with a bunch of metal on. He would have been willing to take it off should Theroes have wanted to return the hug, however. But...seemed that was not the case. SIGH.

Child though? Should he had been a little louder when introducing himself because...his name was Derf. "Do centaurs not hug?" he asked innocently, looking up at the LEGEND in SHOCK. Blinking a few times, it took an uncomfortably long time - for Thereoes at least, surely - for the request to be processed and honored. He wasn't upset or anything, no hint of a lower lip wibble in sight, and swung his arms awkwardly by his sides. "Fank you for making one of my dreams-s-s come true...even if centaurs-ss don't like hugs-s-s much."

He was juuuuuuuuuust about to go 'back to the lesson' - because who was he to argue with a centaur?! - but he felt the need to explain just WHO his mum was. "S-S-She was a Ravenclaw a loooooooooooooooong time ago...but als-s-s profess-s-sor fere! Taught Herbology when you did Divination...and was the Gryffindor Head of House ...OH! And Deputy Headmistress too!" he explained with a chirp before heading back over to his bucket.

OH OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOH! OPPORTUNITY TO HELP CHARLOTTE WHO HAD HELPED HIM AT THE FEAST WITH THE DRYING CHARM!

"I KNOW I KNOW!"
he said, flailing his arms in the Gryffindor's direction to make sure she knew he was talking to her, his helmet falling off in the process and rest of his borrowed suit of armour clanging together. "We need to do a...Chawdens-s-sis-s charm on our buckets!" He paused for a moment and looked at his own where it rested on the ground. His helpfulness had been fleeting. "I'm not so good at charms-s fough..."

Still...he got his wand out and began to practice the wand movement over the top of it in silence. The wrist movement was kind of hard but...he thought maybe he had it...maybe...

"ChawdenS-S-S-SiS-S," he said after a few moments of hesitation, giving the charm a proper go over his bucket and...

.............eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. ..... o_____o

Peeking up in a bit of panic just in time to see that they were MOVING to another cave...the first year glanced down at the metal pool on the floor of the cave that had once been his bucket.

Well...one could not argue that he had not heated it, right?

...........right.

So...er...he didn't have three seeds...so that meant he had to stay in THIS cave, yeah? If he was taking the professor's words seriously - something mum had told him he SHOULD do - then that was the case.

So...he would just stay here...and admire his metallic pool on the floor of the cave.

Thereos was glad when the hug was over, and he had meant to follow the majority of the class into the next cave, or to at least stand near the mouth of both caves at the same time in case there were too many stragglers in this one (there were a few). However, the boy continued to talk to him about his mother.

“We do not hug like you hug,” he replied. “If I have made your… ‘dreams come true’ by just existing in the same space at you,” and the boy got a rare Thereos smile, “You are easily made happy.” It wasn’t necessarily a bad trait to have, either.

“Ah, I knew your mother.” Thereos smiled again and bowed his head at the child.

But the smile didn’t last long. Somehow, the human had managed to melt his bucket. Orion’s Belt, this boy must be a handful for his parents! “I will go get Professor Myers,” he patted the boy’s shoulder and trotted off to the next cave and gave the professor a little tap. “Professor….we have a slight meltdown happening in the other cave. And not a figurative meltdown. A literal meltdown.” Centaurs prefered to speak in literal language for the most part.

His priority did not seem to be to teach them what he knew... .................................................. ......
but rather to impress upon them that nothing, not even centaurs' knowledge, was foolproof