View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston couldn't help but notice Rose looked a little sad, and he hated himself for causing it. It broke his heart to see her upset, but he didn't want her to think she had to hide her feelings from him. He inclined his head so his eyes were level with hers, hoping the look in his eyes would get the point across because his throat was becoming too tight to speak. "I know..." he finally choked out, and he pulled her into his embrace, resting his cheek against her hair as a sudden wave of sadness crashed over him. Rose had no idea how nearly that had almost happened! After the Piffy reception, he was so sure she'd reject him that he made plans to go back to France and never return.

But that didn't happen, he reminded himself. Now he was here with his Rose, and he would never again think about leaving her. He sighed as he pulled away. "I'm glad I stayed too," he said with a smile, hoping Rose would smile with him. Suddenly Phantom yowled, and Gaston wheeled around just in time to see the little black and white cat flop onto her back and stretch out a paw as if reaching out to him. He laughed, though he wasn't sure whether this sudden display of adorableness was meant to cheer him up or distract him from Rose. Yes, Rose, it certainly is, he thought in reply to her comment about animals.

Gaston poured a little cream and sugar into Rose's mug and handed it to her. He was glad she wasn't offended by the Beaubatons mugs, school rivalry and all... "They gave me one mug when I started teaching there and one when I left," he said. Blue eyes blinked in shock at what she said next. Oh if only she had come to Beaubatons, he might've been spared a lot of heartache... but all good things come to those who wait, and Rose was definitely worth waiting for. "I've heard Durmstrang is a fine school too," he said.

Gaston's expression changed when Rose asked about her other surprise, and he reluctantly pulled out a cd. On its cover were pictures of all his bandmates - he was too shy to let them use his own photo in the cover art! "It's our album," he said as he handed it to her. Then he took her free hand in both his own. "Every line, every word was written for you, but..." His voice trailed off, but he forced himself to try again. "All these songs were written when I didn't believe you would ever love me in return, and..." He sighed and squeezed her hand a little tighter. "I just worried it might make you sad."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...