Thread: The Treehouse
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
Jean Granger

DMGS & DERP
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection
Bewitching Bowtruckle | a roamin’ numeral | Newt's salamander eyes ❤ | Ko Ko Bop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
The photograph in her hands fluttered in the breeze as she sat there. Her smile was beautiful, that was the one thing she would have really loved to have gotten from her mother instead well, she’d gotten her hair…India looked so much more like her that it was almost absolutely insane – really, she was like a clone of her mother even down to the exact shade of her eyes. When she heard a familiar voice the small Gryffindor just grinned.

CARL! She loved seeing him it was too bad they weren’t able to hang out in the common room together at night…really, she would have loved to be able to spend more time with him around school because he was great a true friend. “Hey Pumpkinhead!” She smirkily grinned up at him hopping up as he came closer over.

Standing there for a moment she debated what she was doing before practically bouncing a step closer and hugging him. He deserved all of the hugs…at least that was what she told herself. “Of course you can join me!” she grinned as she took a small step backward…was that overstepping things? Hugging him like that? In the back of her mind the young Gryffindor simply thought ’What would Mika do?’ her sister had always been somewhat of a role model for her even to the point that she had taken some of her hand-me-downs gladly.

“So…do you have any plans for summer?” She asked happily as she practically bounced on the balls of her feet “I just got a letter from my sister…apparently we’re moving in with my brother? Oh…and she’s adopting her boyfriends kid…I’m going to have a sort-of-little-brother" she admitted excitedly as that was well big news…barely taking a breath she continued on plowing into her next thought without even really giving Carl the time to respond to anything what so ever "we should make plans this summer! Maybe meet in Diagon Alley with everyone or just us or anyone really and get ice cream or things at Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes?” She offered with a grin. “I’m thinking of getting a pygmypuff for next term and just carrying it around with me to like every single class ever…or a hedgehog? Or a ferret…I might even ask if I can bring a Jarvey with me” okay she was nervous but hopefully it just came off as excitement?
As he looked around the Treehouse, Carl noticed a little tin of photographs clasped in Mel's hands. He wondered what or who they were of, but focused on his fellow Second Year as she called him by his amusing nickname. "Pumpkinhead, huh?" He grinned and walked over.

The boy looked at Mel for a moment, thinking of something to say. Then she was hugging him! He had hugged her before, but this time, it felt ... different? Ignoring the strange feeling he had, he hugged her back. It had been a while since he had seen his good friend.

However, Carl was glad when she changed the topic. He listened to her summer plans with a grin - she seemed so happy that she was moving in with her brother and that her sister was adopting her boyfriend's child. These were things he could not imagine happening to him, seeing as the only family members he had were his aunt and uncle. Before he could respond though, she continued talking about making plans for the summer and he laughed. "Yeah, ice cream and WWW shopping sound fun! And we could go try out candies at Sugarplum's. My aunt and uncle said we are travelling to somewhere this summer, but I will still write to you when I'm away. You have to tell me all about the moving and the little brother and the pet!" He said when she paused. Was it just him or did she seem a bit nervous? Nah, she was probably just excited for the summer.

He moved to the middle of the Treehouse and took a seat, indicating that Mel should do so as well. It was really comfy here! "So ... what are these? Can I take a look?" He asked, pointing at the photographs.