View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 04:49 PM

Post 'Fantastic Beasts' cast reveal favorite Harry Potter characters, discuss film at SDCC

David Yates introduced the cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at San Diego Comic-Con's Hall H on Saturday afternoon, which was led by star Eddie Redmayne giving out Newt Scamander wands to all 6,500+ people in the hall.

This was followed up with a quick chat with the primary cast of the film, including Katherine Waterston (Tina Goldstein), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein), Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski), Colin Farrell (Percival Graves) and Ezra Miller (Credence).

The actors spoke to EW during Comic-Con about their characters in the film series, giving a bit of an intro to all of them. Waterston reveals that Farrell's Graves is Tina Goldstein's boss, but she is demoted due to events that take place in the film. Do note that costar Ezra Miller was not there as he had to promote the upcoming Justice League movie in Hall H around that time.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

The Fantastic Beasts cast reveal their favorite Harry Potter characters:

Quote:
-- Eddie Redmayne: “I was a Ron fan. I thought Rupert [Grint] was wonderful … even when he was really young he had the most expressive, kind of elastic face.”
-- Colin Farrell: “Mad Eye Moody, for the man-crush I have on the actor [Brendan Gleeson] who plays him.”
-- Dan Fogler mentioned he loved Hagrid's warmth and Lucius Malfoy's accent
-- Alison Sudol was very fond of Sirius Black and devastated when he died
-- Katherine Waterston is a fan of Severus Snape
Director David Yates and producer David Heyman briefly commented on how the Fantastic Beasts series idea was brought about with author J.K. Rowling, and how helpful she has been with sending information and anything they need (as she had done with the Harry Potter films before). That can be listened to here:

Quote:
David Yates: “She’d said, ‘You know what, I’ve been thinking about this for an age’ – because Jo has such an infinite knowledge of this world – and she’d already had a story of her own that she wanted to tell, it just triggered her,” he said. “So when she said, ‘Yeah, I’ve got a story to tell,’ that’s when I knew we were going back to it.”
Another interview with Farrell, Waterston, Sudol and Fogler with Fandango about the series, and a bit of a film game play, can be watched here.

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay book can be pre-ordered now via the following links: Amazon.com (hardcover) | Amazon.com (Kindle) | Amazon.co.uk (UK hardcover) | Warner Bros. Shop (hardcover)