Thread: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonlion View Post
When Hope had asked Hadley about her summer she didn't know that she'd stir up unwanted memories or emotions. She looked over at Hadley. She could see she was in turmoil. Why did she ask? She thought it was a simple question...

If you don't want to talk about it you don't have to. I'm sorry your summer was so bad. I hope your dad comes around. He needs to accept it. It's not really something you can change." She patted Her on the shoulder. She would've hugged her but she felt like that was too much.

As for my summer it was decent. I spent most of it under my dad's thumb being grounded because he found out I kissed a boy, but I spent alot of time with Noelle and Sabbie. Also with Sabbie's cousin. We had good times." She smiled. They really did have good timea. Like having a campfire night under the stars. Or going to see the queen. She was hoping to distract Hadley from her thoughts. She hoped talking about her summer maybe would work?
Haddie scratched the back of her head and then rest her chin in her palm. "It was what it was." She shrugged. "It's not really that he can't accept it, he just doesn't want me to have anything to do with the Wizarding World." She shrugged again. Hadley Denaker's go-to gesture: a shrug. "I'm just...It really wasn't that bad, probably. I'm just weak or something. It's nothing compared to what Noelle and Sabbath went through." Which she still didn't really know the specifics of, but she knew it had been bad.

Hads was happy to change the subject to Hope's summer. "You kissed a boy?" She probably had the complete opposite of the expression her Dad had when he heard. "Uh, Congrats." She wasn't entirely sure but she had a feeling that Hope might be the closest thing to an expert on that stuff in their grade. Hundreds of questions were flowing into Hadley's mind and she wasn't sure if she wanted to ask any of them or discover the answers for herself in her own time. "Who was it?" The comment about being grounded sparked something. "I guess, that was my summer too. Extreme grounding or something? I was basically on house arrest so Dad could keep me away from anything and everything to do with Magic, Hogwarts or the Wizarding World." Except their neighbors, since they pretty much shared a wall. So she at least got to babysit Octopus, as long as it was in the Denaker home, and not the Loftbottoms'. "Including my friends."