View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Oliver made a beeline for the refreshment table. Might as well get something to eat which not only provided him with some sustenance but also allowed him to hang back and watch while he was under the guise of being occupied. And then he could scope out who to talk to. 'Please help yourself...' yes, he definitely would.

As he took advantage of the vegetables and dip, he took a look around the room. Most people were talking to one person who he heard introduce herself. Ah, yes, their new department head. He'd have to go over and say hello to Addison himself once the crowd died down, but for now he'd wait until he saw the opportunity. No need to overwhelm the poor woman.

His eyes scanned the room a bit, landing on one that he recognized from the Ever-Locked Room (Hazel). He thought for a moment about saying hello, giving her a half-smile, before noticing another man beating him to the punch. Again, maybe he'd wait for a pause in conversation. Somehow he just didn't finding striking up conversation in a room of people that he didn't know or barely knew as easy as his sister.

Still hanging out near the food table, Oliver glanced up at the younger woman (Sam) as she selected a few things for herself. She also seemed to take to the side of the room and he sort of wondered if she was also a newer employee. "Hello," he nodded to her. "I'm Oliver... I don't believe we've met," he added before taking a bite of a carrot stick loaded up with dip.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line