View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Thomas and Addison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojogali;11901610[color=#8258fa
Aaaaand, there goes his German. "I wouldn't call it speaking.." he chuckled looking in the direction where Adam was eating mouthfuls of food. Merlin that man could eat! Looking at the rate he was downing food Thomas wasn't sure there would be any left in 30 minutes, so he picked up some more pastries for his plate. "I can ask for a table at a restaurant, say some pleasantries but that's it. My German is pretty limited I'm afraid..." he took a bite out of a particularly succulent croissant "No need to ask if you're German, that's quite obvious but have you moved here recently?" he asked with curiosity. Such diversity! America, Germany. This department became more interesting by the minute. Thomas wondered if they were both in the same department. That would be nice, maybe he could learn some more German with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Addison gave the two men a small smile and quietly excused herself for just a moment while they were both speaking (Adam and Thomas). A nice hot cup of freshly brewed coffee was what she needed and it would only take herself a moment to grab herself a cup. Slipping away she walked the few steps over to the machine preparing herself her usual cup. Taking a small sip to ensure it was just as she wanted. It was of course. That taken care of she grabbed herself a paper plate setting a pastry on it to take back with her. No sense in going hungry while she got to know everyone.

With her cup and plate in hand the blonde returned herself to the conversation or well at least to where everyone was still gathered around.

Adam chewed and chewed as Thomas tried to follow the man’s explanation. Something about only being able to order at a restaurant. Very well, at least had the importance of food down! Adam swallowed, blue eyes darting past Thomas briefly to see what else there was around. He didn’t recognize half the food in the room, not that it would keep him from eating it. A question brought his attention back to Thomas. He tried to focus. What was he asking? Oh…oh! Yes… had he moved recently…. He wiggled his head back and forth in an odd way that indicated neither yes nor no. “No real-tee.” He said with a shrug. “I move round lot befort zis.” It took Adam a moment to realize he should probably ask the male a question in return, considering it was only polite. “Vat of you?”

The new head seemed rather popular, but then again, the party was for people to meet and greet her…if Adam read the memo correctly. It had come while he was in the middle of frying and dying some potion ingredients for his latest experiment and hadn’t really had the time to give it a proper one-over. She returned quietly to their conversation and when a lull in people in traducing themselves allowed , Thomas and she continued talking about children and dragon’s eggs.

Text Cut: Hazel-sha-zay-al! and Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
She looked around the break room, silent and confused. Suddenly she wished she had just called in sick to spend the day with Inara… where was he? Sighing a little, she took a few steps further in, moving towards Adam. His bigger frame would hide her until she was slightly less confused… confusion was never a good trait for her personality and she didn’t want to be rude to her …. new department head? That was the last thing she needed on top of sleepless nights.
Quote:
Another couple of people entered. One of them, a woman, seemed baffled by the gathering and was eyeing Addison like she couldn't believe it. Thomas shuffled his weight. "Well, hello there!" he greeted them.

Thomas had offered to see if Addison’s child-person wanted to come along and Adam was trying to figure out how to ask if he could go along when he felt someone slip behind him. A whiff of a rather aromatic perfume he’d become accustomed to this past year informed him it was Hazel. He wondered why she was hiding behind him, but knew better then to ask his work-partner in front of a crowd. Most likely the baby had spit up on her dress and she hadn’t had the time to clean it up or change. Since the woman was using him as a shield, Adam new better than to not act as one. Least he be threatened with babysitting duties again.

“Za-mus,” Adam asked, trying to move the conversation away from Hazel and also using it as an opportunity to weasel into the Dragon conversation. “Zink I could go zee dragon?”

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 04-11-2016 at 08:35 PM.