Thread: Hall of Statues
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post

Char bent backwards to see who was there, hands on her hips. OOOH HI SABEL!

"Yeah!" A boost! "I was just going to climb." She admitted, "But a boost would be good. I'm going to stick my head in there!" She pointed at the dragon statue, expression both fearless and delighted. Because why NOT put her head in there? WHY NOT?

"OH Sabel! SABEL! Is its insides hollow? MAYBE I could go all the way in and then scare people by ROARING and stuff when they walk by!"

Ohwait. Pausepausepause. "Professor Sabel." She corrected herself belatedly. Hard to remember sometimes!
So that's what was going on inside her little head. Sabel put his own hands on his hips, looking very much like he might be ready to give a stern lecture. At least he would have, had not there been an amused twinkle in his eyes and twitch at the corner of his lips.

"Well, that wouldn't have been very safe, would it? Almost more dangerous than climbing inside a dragon's belly." Swallowing back the laughter getting ready to build, Sabel tilted his own head back. "It's a loong way up."

And of course, that meant there was only one option. After glancing about to make sure no one was watching, Sabel squatted down and pointed to his back. "Climb aboard. I'll give you a boost."

And if anyone asked? Children were going to do what they were going to do. The difference was how they did it, and if they told anyone. If they learned to do things with some responsibility and trust in adult figures, any unfortunate circumstances that followed would likely be easier to handle and hear about. If there was only sternness, it was likely they would never confide in times of trouble.

And yes, there was a bit of his own childish nature coming out.

"I really don't know what's inside, if anything. I just ordered these things. Never thought to ask." And no, he wasn't about to admit to himself or anyone else he was going to let a child climb inside a dragon, stone as it was.

"And it's Professor Dakest to you missy." A statement that was said with the least amount of conviction and enforcement as anything else. Yes, there was a grin. And yes, he completely didn't mean it.

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.