Thread: Bonfire Bash
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default everyone? hehe hi Bunz, too
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Text Cut: Speech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Well, the event had wound down and Annie had made herself one (1) s'more so far. She wanted another, but while her first was still digesting and the students were still wandering down to the bonfire, she decided to steel herself up for her final end-of-term speech.

Her voice magically magnified as usual, the redhead began with a simple, "Good evening, Hogwarts." She waited for eyes and ears to focus on her. "I would like to start with some congratulations for Gryffindor and Hufflepuff: the former won the House Cup points race, and the latter are our Gobstones champions for this school year. Let's have a round of applause for those hardworking and high-achieving Lions and Badgers, and a round of applause for our Prefects and House Elves who have put together this great event!!!"

She led the applause and followed it up with a big smile. "Congratulations are also in order for us, Hogwarts, for we successfully completed the map we started last term AND we beat back the acromantula onslaught as a team! In the wake of that event, I would like to also announce that I will be stepping down as Headmistress at the end of this term. I have new opportunities knocking at my door and it is time for me to hand over the Head's office to Professor Botros." Where was Ab, eh? She took a moment to wave at him in the dusk. "I have enjoyed my nine terms here as Headmistress and teaching Herbology this past term has just been the icing on the cake. As much as I will miss this place, and miss you all as students," well, some of them, "I will still be involved in Hogwarts' future as the proud parent of an incoming student. So on that note, I wish the best of luck to everyone leaving this school, and continued success to everyone staying. Hogwarts will always be here to welcome us home, should we wish to come and visit one day. Now let's all enjoy some s'mores, relax under the stars, and have a great night's sleep tonight! The train leaves bright and early tomorrow morning!"

And she was certainly looking forward to seeing it off! On that note, Annie let out a bright sigh of relief and moved forward to mingle with the students and roast another marshmallow.

Awww, Annie was up to give her very last speech. Botros, who was uncomfortable sitting on the ground next to the students, laid his cane across his lap and listened to the headmistress. He clapped here and there when winnings and victory were announced, then nodded understandably at the rest of the speech. He smiled modestly and waved back at her.

When she was done, he struggled in his spot to get up, using his cane and a couple of kids around him to stand up straight and stretch out his legs. Whewww, this bonfire thing wasn't for people his age period. He wiggled each foot on its own, getting the blood running, then leaned slightly on his cane and made his way over to Annie to give her a hug and some grandfatherly love.