Thread: The Room
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 04:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

"I did," Hayley confirmed, happily. All thoughts of her lessons put aside, the brunette was rather proud of herself for learning to play in just one summer. Though, she was no pro yet and could still certainly use more practice, it was a start. It meant she was no longer just the singer, where Noel and Benzi were concerned.

Once he was seated beside her, she gave a small nod of her head and took a moment to consider what to play. She could play multiple pieces, multiple things, multiple little melodies she had experimented all on her own with. Deciding on something similar to the music that had been played at the masquerade ball last term, which had ultimately been the reason for her sudden want to learn to play, Hayley let her fingers gently trail over the keys.

Hayley moved her hands gracefully over the keys, letting the melody that followed fill the comfortable silence. It wasn't quite the same as the music from the ball, considering she was only playing a piano - and alone, but it was an attempt. And yes, she had heard Chance. Though she wished to continue avoiding the subject, she wasn't ignoring him.

"I was hoping you had forgotten about that," Hayley admitted, her voice quiet - her hands continued to move over the piano keys, the Diggory girl completely ignored the warmth in her face, the obviousness of her glowing cheeks. "It's complicated.. and stupid. I.. did something I'm not very proud of this summer. And I'm keeping secrets from Noel, and we don't do that. We've never done that." Pausing, she looked up at him for a second, frowning, and then back down to her hands before she could miss a beat. "That boy on the train, that you asked about - that was Benzi. He's Noel's best friend, and mine, too.. and he knows. Which is worse, really. I went to him before Noel. And I made him promise not to say anything. And now I'm sort of just.. too scared to tell him. He's going to be so disappointed in me."

She felt horrible.