Thread: Front Cars
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default ... Lets see how this goes XD
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Text Cut: Zac and Rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAlice View Post
"That would be so cool!" Yeah, honestly? Rowan had been a liiiiittle bit worried. Because most of the magic people she'd met so far had seemed a bit... snooty. Or uninterested in her. So it was nice to know she was already going to have friends. "How many people do you think go to this school? I didn't know there would be this many magical people. I was really surprised when we went to Diagon Alley. They're so good at hiding it from people who can't do magic, which is a bit rubbish really, cause it's so cool."

..Rainy? "I dunno. It's cause I'm ginger. Alan said I'd been outside in the rain so much I'd gone rusty, and the buttons on my favourite dungarees went all rusty too so I think that's why." To be honest, it was so long ago she didn't actually remember it. She only remembered what people told her. Rowan didn't even remember to answer to her real name most of the time, but her grammy had told her she might have to if the teachers called her that. "Dafforn? That's kinda like daffodils." She thought about that for a second, fiddling with the daisy hair clip in her hair. "I think daffodils are my third favourite flower after daisies and sunflowers. So it's a cool name." Her love for daisies was evident, considering her bag was patterned with them and she wore one in her hair. Rusty was all about flowers. She LOVED them.

"Oh, I don't know, I hope it's soon, I wanna go and learn some magic!" Rowan watched Zac waving at someone - his mum? - and scanned the crowd. ... Grammy was STILL THERE! "I thought she'd gone home already!" Rusty waved very enthusiastically at her grandmother, her new charm bracelet jingling on her wrist, and Grammy Helen waved back... in a much calmer fashion. She fit right in here, Grammy Helen. It was a shame she wasn't a witch like the others, cause she looked like one, with her long plaited grey hair, woven with flowers, and her brightly coloured, flowing clothes. Rusty had always suspected she could do more magic than she let on, but then she'd have been to a special school, wouldn't she? Sigh. Well. Rowan could just TEACH her.

OH! NEW PERSON! "Hi Marsha! I'm glad you found us, Zac said he knew you." Rowan BEAMED at the other girl, and positioned herself so she was looking at them both, rather than out of the window. "My name's Rusty and I'm new too." So they could be FRIENDS.

"Are you guys new to magic or can your grown ups do it?" Rusty asked, skipping right past any more introductions and getting into the real talk - cause she was SO curious. "Cause everyone was so surprised where I live. There was a ministry person and he was surprised at all the people in my family and he told my mum and my grammy all about the school and then we went to Diagon Alley and I lost my mum there cause she was so amazed by the magic stuff that she was lagging behind so I went to see the owls. Did you know they make owls carry all their letters and packages even the big ones?!" Yeah, Rowan was still APPALLED at that, and she would continue to be so until an owl told her it was okay. And since she couldn't speak owl... that was going to be difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
There she was! As if he had summoned her from just mentioning her to Rusty! "Hey, Marsha!" He grinned as she joined them. He was most excited for her to meet Rusty. "I tried to look for you on the platform... but it was even busier here than Diagon Alley was, I think!" Zac suddenly wondered about that other first year that Marsha was going to introduce him to. All the main friends to be made on the first day, of course!!

"Really?" He began, turning back to Rusty. "I reckon there's gonna be hundreds of people there. Maybe THOUSANDS. The castle is sooo big, you know?" The question HE was wondering about was... "How many people do you think will be in first year with us?" He also hoped at least one of these two new friends would be in the same house as him. Otherwise he might not see them as much. Maybe. He didn't know how the dorms worked. But he was very excited to find out.

Well, that was a fair enough reasoning for the nickname. Rusty the redhead! Zac chuckled, "He said you went rusty?" Hehehe. "That's funny, but a cool nickname." Referring his surname to Daffodils, though? Zac made a 'hmmm' noise as if he had made a breakthrough, "Maybe that's another sign that I'm gonna be good at Herbology. The wand shopkeeper said I'm gonna be good at that." He nodded. Mr Dafforn the Herbologist had a nice ring to it.

He eyed his wand again, "I can't wait use my wand." But apparently they couldn't use it outside of school so he was afraid to even touch it. How would the magic police even know if he had used it, though? HOW DID IT WORK? He'd find that out, for sure.

"I'm kinda new to magic. My dad is a wizard and my mum is a muggle. But I live with my mum so my dad doesn't get to teach me much." Zac shrugged. He kind a liked the idea of having a fresh mind and skillset for Hogwarts anyway. From the way Rusty was talking, Zac guessed that she was from a muggle background. He grinned widely. "My mum was like that when we went to Diagon Alley too! But I think she was a bit creeped out as well. She stayed in the Leaky Cauldron." GIGGLE. Doing know whos what. Besides, she was used to some things on account of his dad being a wizard. "Are your parents muggles?" He asked.

”The platform was way more crazy than I thought it would be!” She agreed with the boy, nodding her head. Marsha was excited, she loved meeting new friends. ”It’s realllly nice to meet you. I’m so happy I’ve met people before school has even started - I was worried I would know no-one at all!” Nightmare material that was. Or, it had been until she had met Lance and Zac and Jenna in Diagon Alley… Though Jenna was older so she wasn’t really sure if she would see her again this term… but that was okay. She had been really nice anyway.

As she sat, she listened to the ends of their conversation, after all she had just interupted and Mam always told her that was rude. Then she broke out in a HUUUUGEEEE grin at Rusty’s ginger comment. ”All the best people, have red hair…” She tried to be serious, honestly she did - but she couldn’t help it and very quickly ended up giggling at herself. Really, she just liked having red hair. Reeeeallllyyyy liked her red hair.

Marsha smiled, ”There are lots of people, at least from what I know from my aunts and things.. I think my Mums cousins and extended family are finally finishing up at Hogwarts.” She said, thinking about the few extended family members she was hiding from who were in the top three years. She hoped they would be too busy studying for their OWLs and NEWTs to bug her. Maybe? She could hope they wouldn’t look out for her and embarrass her too much. She also knew that her family were trying to look out for her but she was almost twleve! She wasn’t tiny anymore.

The Welsh girl couldn’t help but giggle at the name Dafforn - or the link to Daffodils… but she supposed her name of Hanover reminded her older cousins of a hangover which was awful! So she couldn’t say anything against Zac’s last name. Nope. WAAAAAY better than her own. Ohh, she loved flowers and Zac was going to be good with herbology. ”I hope that I’m good with the animals - I love them… in fact, my cat Duchess is around here somewhere, she jumped out of my arms and started to chase smells as soon as I took her out of her carrier in the luggage room, hold… thing.” She told them with a soft smile. Hopefully she wouldn’t pick any fights with the other cats.

Looking out of the window, Marsha grinned at the people on the platform who were smiling at family. She had already said goodbye to her parents, Alis was only little and it was cold outside - she didn’t want to get a letter next week in the post telling her that she had gotten a cold because of her. Nope. So she had given them all cuddles (okay, so Alis had a really LONG cuddle) and then hopped on the train. Like an adult. A really SMALL adult, but a grown-up all the same… Right?

“Oh, My parents met at Hogwarts,” Marsha started, taking a deep breath. ”But, my Mum died when I was really little so my Grand-parents and my Tad took care of me, and my Mam and Tad got married when I was like five or something…” The girl shrugged, showing it wasn’t a big deal. She loved her Mam. ”And my little sister Alis turned one a few weeks ago.” There… that was that out of the way… and there was no way she was explaining the aunts and uncles and extended family… Though if they managed to track her down she might have too…. Hmm, she would figure that out when she had to. Heh.

She giggled when Zac told Rusty about his Mam staying in Leaky Cauldron. ”It’s true!” she piped up, as if Rusty might think he was lying. ”That was the day we met. I bumped into him and my Mam was staring at a dress in a shop window and Zac was going back to meet his Mam in the pub for lunch.” She nodded her head, grinning.

Frowning slightly, Marsha tried to remember how any of her non-magical friends and family sent mail. Her head titled to the other side as she looked at Rusty. ”But… how do you send mail if you don’t use owls? Pidgeon? Hawk? EAGLES?” Her eyes went wide as the elven year old imagined a flock of EAGLES carrying post. It would be a glorious sight to see, she was sure of it! The light catching on their feathers. Ohhh. Beautttiful.