View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 03:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hey guys, I'm so ashamed it has taken me so long to answer your comments. Please forgive me. I did read them right after you took the time to post them, but time got away from me as sometimes happens in the real world of having too many things to keep track of. So without further ado, here are the posts regarding your comments.

Maxilocks: Thank you so much for reading my Christmas Gift and commenting on it. Your words are very kind and I love you for them. I am so pleased you see the way I wrote it as lyrical. I am not a huge fan of poetry, but for this One Shot I wanted to write it with a semblance of poetry for two main reasons.

This One Shot is the third one I wrote in the series, but it is actually from a longer One Shot in the series of nine. It is taken from the next to the last one. In the eighth One Shot; this rock Harry is on will have a name significant to the story in the last One Shot. I wanted this part to stand out from the rest of that story to give my readers an option to just read it or to decipher Harry’s life and see if it might say something the same as poetry might tell his story of the good and bad with beauty and grace. I wanted to set Harry in an elevated place to give a wider view and imagine the scene and his reflections in the reader’s minds. I wanted to have a post specifically for Christmas for my readers, so I took this part out of the outline and reworked it just a bit to make it special in a poetic form without rhyming or verses. This leads into the second reason I wrote it this way.

In the eighth story the rock and the name of it will become significant especially for the last story. If anyone tried to decipher Harry and his life from the poetic form then the last story will mean a lot more to the reader. If nobody tried to decipher the meaning of the lyrical writing, then it will just be a good story that tied up all the loose endings. I really hope that my readers will see great beauty, and feel an emotional sincerity and intensity. And I hope they will have a profound insight to what I wanted Epiphany and these One Shots to reflect about Harry’s life he led and also how he changes in the end. I did have a hidden agenda in my writing.

Now, this is confusing so I hope I can explain without messing up anyone's head. Like I said before, I wrote nine One Shots. But, as you may notice if you read the other One Shots over in the Mature +16 thread, there will only be eight in the Table Of Content because this one is part of the seventh One Shot.

Quote:
'Which is more beautiful,' he wondered; 'the sun setting over my land, or the moon shining over the glistening snow making everything look like it was covered in shades of blue, purple, and silver glitter?

Odd that you chose this particular piece to highlight and comment on.
Quote:
Harry stood there a moment later watching as the full moon touched the scenery he had been observing at the twilight’s last gleaming light. 'Which is more beautiful,' he wondered; 'the sun setting over my land, or the moon shining over the glistening snow making everything look like it was covered in shades of blue, purple, and silver glitter? They are each one just as beautiful as the other. The thing that is most beautiful is wellness in my soul.'
This comparison is the exact vision I wanted to stand out in my readers mind if they tried to decipher what was written. Harry watched the end of the day and the beginning of the night blessing the other with beauty and grace. And in this moment of time merging together he made a realization about his life.
Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Ivana: Thanks for reading and commenting. I’m so glad you liked my Christmas Gift. I thought since Crookshanks got the raw end of the deal in JK’s story, I could give her and Harry a way to say goodbye. I’m really glad you liked it. Thanks again for commenting.

Ava: Thank you for reading and commenting. I appreciate your sweet words and I will keep them in mind as I write more stories to try to keep earning such praise.

Death of loved ones due to any kind of violence; especially war(s) is something that must be very hard to overcome. I can only imagine in a very small way the pain people go through when there is no closure for them. I know Harry Potter isn’t real, but I tried to make him experience this hardship to give homage to the people in real life who experience these hardships and more. Harry is lucky he finally gets to discover his puzzle put together, but so many people don’t. My heart goes out to them.

I’m thrilled you enjoyed my story, and thank you again for reading and commenting.