View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #99 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: HEHEHEHE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Cheer up potion in the sweets? Zander gave his Potion's Professor a very skeptical look at the offering, making sure to glance over at Sophie too. Should he take them though? ... Wouldn't that be cheating? He wouldn't actually be happy, it'd all just be the-- You know what? He was going to do it anyways. He hated this sinking feeling. So what if it was cheating his feelings just a bit, anything for momentary relief. It was his only option. So Zander took a small handful, though he only popped two small pieces into his mouth.

And already he was feeling a bit better. But only a bit.

"I-uh-I know I'm not alone... I get that," he slowly took his eyes off the floor too. It was probably the potion getting him to talk some, but at least he was talking? Not much light behind his eyes still, that would take time. Or maybe a few more of these cheer-up sweets? Maybe. "I was just SO caught up in my own mess of things that I forgot to check in with him. He thought I was avoiding him for the past few months. Some best friend I was." So maybe he felt guilty? But more than that, just plain upset.

"It's just-- I don't know... It's stupid, but it's not going to be the same without him here." Understatement of the century, by the way. The Gryffindor felt his eyes doing the watering thing and he almost immediately wiggled his hand out of Sophie's rub his eyes. He wasn't going to cry. He was being emotionless, remember?

Darn sweets loosening him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
For once, Cosgrach didn't try to correct Sophie but let Zander know that he had cried a lot. These weren't normal times, and Zander needed comfort more than anything else, and see? He was even eating the sweets! Cosgrach put the bowl back on the coffee table, and gestured at the armchair if Zander wanted to sit down. Or, his throne, even.

Zander started to talk, however, so the man focused solely on him.

Oh.

"His expulsion isn't your fault, Zander," he said slowly, because Zander had to see that. "Kevin has always been... troublesome. I do think he made some progress," he did, he did, "but it wasn't enough. You can accuse yourself for not being a good friend," honestly, Cosgrach didn't know how their friendship worked, "but don't you ever think he's expelled because he felt lonely." Got it? As for the 'same' issue, why, maybe it would be better?

Sophie smiled when Zander gave in and started eating the sweets, giving Culloden a hopeful, relieved look, but her expression grew concerned once more when the Gryffindor started talking. Ohhhhhhhhhhh no - no, no, NO. He was NOT blaming himself - ohhhh yes he was. Sweet Merlin. Soph was glad Culloden argued against that and nodded reassuringly, rubbing the back of Zander's hand she was holding soothingly.

"Yeah," she agreed gently, her gaze down at their hands. "Kevin's always had his own slew of problems, y'know that. His back-talk to professors... his arrogant, rude, careless demeanor... his attitude problems and his selfishness and how he forgot his own best friend's birthday..."

...Oh. Awkward. She hadn't meant to insult Zander's best friend - okay, yes she had - but she quickly added on, "But I know despite all his problems, he means a lot to you, and... and he was making progress and trying and... you were seeing changes in him. And that hurts, m'sure, that you got to see the good in him and see that there was more to him than the attitude he gave off in classes and stuff." There was a pause, and then, "But if you were the same kind of friend to him as you are to me, there's no way you were a bad friend to him, Zanderpander. You're the best friend. S'not your fault. Not even a little."

If anything, Kevin didn't even deserve a friend like Zander. But... luckily, this time Sophie had enough sense not to verbalize that thought.