View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Emzily

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

SPOILER!!: replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Hady raised her hand up into the air. "Aconite also known as wolfsbane is very poisonous Professor," she offered in reply to the question. Yup she knew about poisonous plants...most of them anyhow. Her father made a point of her learning them since she liked to wander off into the forest sometimes. It was always good to know what was around you.
Interesting first answer. "Indeed. Especially for werewolves." And wolves. He nodded towards the girl. Well, she would obviously know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Angel looked at the Professor and raised her hand. "Don't we have them Mandrake plants that when they fully grow it's cry can be fatal to us if we hear it." Angel never wanted that plant anywhere near her when it was fully grown.
"Yes!"Archie practically bounced on the spot. He'd love to do a lesson on Mandrakes in the near future... "Fatal, that's right. Tackling Mandrake plants requires plenty of safety precautions." He patted his ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
An outdoor lesson sounded very exciting. Being cooped up was getting rather tedious in Cilla's mind. When the question was asked, Cilla immediately raised her hand. "Devil's Snare is very dangerous."
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Hand up? Check! "Devil's Snare, Professor.'' You know, the plant that tries to suffocate everything it came in contact with? And about the Forbidden Forrest... on a normal day Adi would have liked nothing more than to venture in there to check out dangerous plants. But with recent events, it wouldn't be such a good idea.
Ahhh, yes... one of the most dangerous. Archie was glad it was mentioned. "Very dangerous, yes. One that should be approached very carefully, or even not at all." He wouldn't recommend it, like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
Bad plants. Hmmm... Oh, she had one. AJ waved her hand around in the air, and waited to be called on. "What about the Chinese chomping cabbage?" That could probably chomp your face off. Of course, you could probably just stomp it, but still.
Archie scratched his head with a sort-of grin on his face. "I can see how a chomping plant would be dangerous. Fortunately, the Chinese Chomping Cabbage usually settles for foods... fellow vegetables, even!" So no flesh-eating for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Okay. Dangerous Plants. There's plenty. Even an oak tree is dangerous if you're not paying attention to where you are going. Simple as that. But seriously though, a dangerous plant? He's got one in mind. Hand up. "Venomous Tentacula, professor." Like...it's the king of dangerous plants. All the others are babies...
Oohooho, "Ahhhh, yes... I have one of those resident in these very greenhouses!!!" Archie announced rather excitedly. "Locked, of course. Good. Well done." He smiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
As more people walked in, Lux sent them waves. Awww, Toby seemed so excited to be here. That was cute. This lesson should be a lot of fun.

Yep. There was going to be a field trip. SO EXCITING!! That was always amazing, though the mention of the Forbidden Forest made her a little wary. Obviously they wouldn't be stepping inside that awful place, but still...it was EVIL and CREEPY. A lot of people were mentioning Devil's Snare, but she was wondering about other plants. "There aren't flesh eating plants, are there?" she asked after raising her hand. It was one thing to feed them meat from a bucket, but Lux didn't want to become plant food.
"Well... there are quite a few flesh eating plants to name. You'd find a few within the greenhouses..." Under his supervision, of course, "... I wouldn't be surprised to find certain kinds lurking in the Forbidden Forest either!" But he would get on to that eventually. He smiled quickly, "No need to worry about those, though!" Millard had yo' backs.

He was about to say something about Hogwarts being the safest place for them but... eh... maybe it was best to be quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
So they wouldin fact be venturing out on the grounds with the greenhouse they were currently in simply a starting point. The more mundane parts of the grounds of course, not anywhere near the forest like they had with the unicorn lesson due to the events with the acromantulas. Perfectly fine by Benny. The creatures of the Forbidden Forest were not the type of creatures the Gryffindor ever wanted to study.

As for the question, there was one dangerous plant that stuck out in his mind that no one had mentioned yet. So he raised his hand to answer. "The Snargaluff plant....or tree. " Benny wasn't quite sure which it actually was though it looked like a dead tree.
"The Snargaluff plant. Yes. Very dangerous, and very present at Hogwarts." Just not so much in students direct reach. Which was always a good thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Woohooooo, start of class! Evie paid close attention to the professor as he began the class and was delighted to hear that they would be venturing out onto the grounds. The weather was starting to get nice, so she was glad they could go work out in the sunshine.

At his question, Evie immediately shot up her hand. "My brother almost got eaten by a man-eating plant once, here at Hogwarts, like five or six years ago." Something like that. She was grinning... until she realized it was probably strange that she was so excited about announcing this. Evie composed herself. "I can't remember what it was called though." So, in short, she didn't really have anything useful to add. Just a fun fact.
Archie opened his mouth to answer but instead, just gave the girl a funny look. He wanted details about this event, but class probably wasn't the best place for another gossip on Hogwarts past and present safety. "Really? Wow... well, I am glad your brother wasn't eaten." Erm, moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
AW YIS. Thumbs up from MILLARD. What a GOOD DAY.

But DANGEROUS plants, huh? That was kinda funny, because danger was so weird in that some people seemed to think it was eVERYWHERE. And it probably WAS everywhere for some people. But not everyone. SOme people were, like, totally IMPERVIOUS to danger.

Still bouncing away, Toby threw his hand up in the air so quickly he was in danger of doing himself an injury.

"OOH, Professor, I got one. BouNCING BULBS." Bouncing. Like him. Ha. HahaAHAHA. That was funny. "'Cause, like... they might not be flesh-eaters or any of THAT, but the little ones could have your EYE out if you're not careful. Or give you a right shiner." Enthusiastic nodding right hurrr. "And the big ones can FLATTEN you. 'Cause if they feel threatened they get all 'rarrr' and aggressive, kinda like animals-" he was making LINKS here, between the classes "-and they could getcha." This was all said with such a big grin and cheery disposition you would be forgiven for thinking that he wasn't talking about DANGER and POSSIBLE INJURY.

BRUH.
O_O

The excited child was even more excited once his mouth opened. Archie widened his eyes a bit at his answer. By the end of the explanation, Archie couldn't help but madly grin at him. "Very valid point. All plants have the potential to be dangerous if one isn't careful." He said this loud so everyone could hear that part. Because it was very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team ronmione View Post

"How... about ali-alihost-alihosty?" Was that how it was said. "Doesn't it make you go mental or or something? If-if you go near them." That was all he knew, and had to offer, even if it may not be right, or completely understandable.

If that plant did cause people to go crazy.... well, was there an abundance of that plant here at Hogwarts? It could explains all of the odd events circulating the castle.
Archie nodded as the student carried on until he had correctly named the plant. It was a great answer. Good knowledge. "It does, indeed, cause hysteria. As well as uncontrollable laughter..." He smiled. "Which could be very unpleasant to certain people." He was one of them.

After some super answers, Archie clapped his hands together and looked towards the whole class. "Excellent answers from some of you. That was just a quick, warm-up question before we disappear into the grounds. I wanted to make you all aware that magical plants can appear anywhere in our world, and it is important that we treat every one we come across with vigilance and care. And whilst we will not be venturing into the Forbidden Forest today, you will probably be happy to hear, I would like all of you to keep your eyes open for plants you see on your journey." They really are everywhere. All kinds. Even Talking Toadstools. Heheheh.

ANYWAY...

"Another important thing to remember about plants, particularly in the outdoor environment, is that they are often habitable. I'll pass you over to Professor Thompson with concerns to this, but first, let's get outside!" Archie was so excited. He bounced all the way over to the greenhouse door.

"Follow me in an orderly manner, please!" No pushing the tiny professor over. Archie lead the group of students out of the greenhouses, past the Vegetable Patch, just past the Whomping Willow, until they were nearby the Giant Treehouse. The main focus was a group of surrounding trees. Like a mini forest, but... not. It was a bit of a long walk, but they had time to stand and rest before the first activity.

OOC: Since the greenhouses are already in the grounds, I'm gonna keep this thread here, so you can just post your character leaving and arriving in one post. Class will continue tomorrow.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing