Thread: The Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #170 (permalink)
isSeeker

MO
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nicole Madeline Holloway
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amy Harrington

SPOILER!!: Chance :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Wouldnt be a good idea to try? Pfftt! Chance would try anything once. But, he was going to be nice for the elves of course. he didnt want them coming after him. Then he wouldnt be able to make the cobbler.

"Oh a phone!" Chance said as he eyed it. He didnt grab it though. He grinned. "I have one too so you will have to text me over the Christmas holidays and keep me company since Ill be stuck at home." He was not excited about that. Since Amur had seen his mum, it had changed a lot. His mum was now married to a pompous prick of a step dad. They had 2 kids of their own and try him like they dont want any part of him in their family. Especially since he was magical and noone else in the family was. "That'll be apart of our deal too. You keeping me unbored while Im at my folks house." He grinned.

"Okay cobbler. So we need...." He reads the recipe and looks around to go and start grabbing ingredients. "Granny smith apples.." He grabbed few of them and handed them to her. "They say sliced so do you wanna go ahead and start slicing them?" Grabbing some more supplies like brown sugar, apple cider, flour, etc., He brought them over to where they were. "Okay, now what can I do?"

Nicole scanned the recipe once before looking up. She pulled her phone out of her bag and twirled it in her hand. She knew it was difficult to find a muggle phone in the Wizarding world, let alone at Hogwarts. She had tried several times to make a call back home, but failed. This did not stop her from carrying it around with her all the time in her bag.

"Sure, I'll be looking forward to it," she said, giving Chance a smile. The Ravenclaw noticed the way he talked about his home and family and her curiousity got the better of her. "Not excited to go back home?" she asked. If it was a personal issue, she would not push it further. Although she could not understand how anybody would not like the warmth of their family. Nicole herself was talking about the upcoming Christmas holidays already!

She watched for a moment amusedly as the boy started grabbing ingredients. Nicole could not believe his enthusiasm. She certainly hoped this apple cobbler would turn out to be a success. "Oh, okay," she said, realizing that she was doing nothing the whole time. She took one apple and grabbed a cutting board and sharp knife (eep!). She placed the apple on top of the cutting board and used the knife to cut it from all sides until she only had the core left. After casually throwing the core away, she repeated the process to all the other apples. "I think this is enough," she said, wiping her hands on her robes. Nicole looked up just in time to see Chance arrive with all other supplies.

She already had the first few steps of the recipe memorized, and so replied without glancing back at the page, "I will arrange the apples, can you preheat the oven to 3500°?" Little did she know that she had said the number incorrectly. Very incorrectly.