Thread: The Lounge
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

SPOILER!!: WWW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Department of Transportation," William repeated, folding his hands across his lap like he was a grandpa or something reminiscing with his grandkids. 'swhat it felt like, honestly. "Wizarding Engineering? What's that about?" Sounded boring, probably about as boring as transportation... but good for the kid, if he was enjoying himself.

Ok, how was he supposed to explain what his degree is about without sounding like a curriculum handbook? "Well basically its us learning how to design, create, apply or maintain magical systems, infrastructures and the like-- sometimes its something as straightforward as broom design, or perhaps something with more moving parts like the Hogwarts Express.... and of course theres floo network design and apparition safeguards and...."pause. Ok he just Ravenclawed. Are they still awake? "Y-you know.... like that."

Trying his best not to send the former Prof to dreamland Vickers suddenly blurted "How's Roro?"

SPOILER!!: Daichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daichi listened and waited as Transportations and Mysteries guys were talking about how the uncle of Transportation guy had been the Head of the Department of Mysteries. It was kind of interesting and he took a mental note in case this ever comes up again. Oh! He was talking to him again? He stopped making mental notes and blinked as the man said his name. Nathan. “Ok cool…is that your real name or a name given to you?” what? He was curious! “And you know, your brow is going to stick that way if you keep rising it like that” he said as he turned to Vickers. “Didn’t we meet at the reunion?” he asked.

His Vulcan eye brows did go up again, despite Daichi's words. Punchy guy was incredibly direct. He appreciated it though, although he wasnt sure how that would help in the normally circuitous dealings of the press corp.

But his next words not only got those brows shooting up but his head nudging back "Uhm.... you mean the Hogwarts Reunion?.... I--" forgot? No that sounded rude "-- had something come up earlier and it just took the rest of my day." well that was true, mostly "So no.... My Uncle was there though... although I dont think you could've mistaken him for me." The head full of silver is a dead giveaway.

SPOILER!!: Oakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ExpelliarMOOSE View Post
Oakey was already standing some, but feeling his arm being grasped then being jerked up even further took him a bit by surprise. I was good to run into the Only sane Claw he's ever known. Good on him Vincenzo Vanderbilt. "Yeah, I'll be in Accidents and Catastrophes" He won't say doing what just yet, Oakey figured concerned looks for the department he was in would be enough for now. "How long have been here Vickers?"

Who knew about that!? Oakey was never fond of anything that was some kind of Crustacean Hybrid...Oakey was having some unwanted memories of the Manticore Crab Farting Flames a him, the Ancient Runes Professor, and Ella Bishop at the Time. It Burned Oakey's Wand Arm for Merlin's sake! He had different burn scars now, but MEH blasted Blast-Ended-Screwts.

Oakey nodded o the man who dug up those memories and looked at him. "Yeah I'm me" Oakey Gunter "and you're the Professor back then who almost had his Baby Dragon Eat me...Williamson?" REALLY!? You bring that up yourself! Why don't we find ALL the times you ran into some Magical Creature, Oakey! Remember that Chimera, the Acromantula's, even Grindylows were Annoyingly trying to drag him down...What was wrong with his third year at Hogwarts!?

Being pegged as the Hufflepuff who always narrowly escaped Death was better than being 'That Dead Badger' and continuing the awfully FALSE statement about his former House.

Ugh he was thinking too much now.
Oh HEY! lookie here! It was excitable Duck Boy! "Hey Daichi" Oakey leaned a bit to the side and waved back to the former classmate. "You just start here too?"

"A&C?--" there was an interminable pause, a quick dart of his icy blues towards the floor where Oakey just tested the laws of gravity and then back at the Hufflebud "--good for you!" he said as he patted his shoulder jovially. Really he meant it. He means to say other things too but he didnt want to spoil Oakey's first day. That would be his boss' problem. "Well if you need someone to go to lunch with or get a priority Floo ride to anywhere... even to St Mungos-- Just shoot me a paper plane okay?."

How long has he been at the Ministry. He had an odd sensation of it being really long but also like he just started. "When I graduated from Hogwarts. It was just part time at the time though because I had a job at Gringotts too." Why he needed two jobs and didnt go to Uni right away he wasnt sure, that part of his memory has always been a bit foggy. "How about you? What have you been up to before coming here?"

SPOILER!!: Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroyers View Post
Nathan nodded. Maaaaaybe he wasn't in great standings with the American ministry/government. There was a reason he lived in Europe. Not that he was known as 'Nathan Prince' there. "Born in Tennessee, But i lived in New York for the most part." But his accent was a bit southern, not think, subtle.

He turned to Daichi, This kid was interesting. "Maybe a little bit of both. Who knows." Yupp, more mysteries. There was a reason Nathan fit in the department. He happened to be a mystery himself. "You sound like someone's mother with that." Not that he would know anything about mothers, his own or anyone else's.. Would that be something Eliora would say to B?

Ah so that explains the slight twang. But Vickers brightened up on the latter part "I'm from New York too. Upstate." had to qualify there, just in case this guy hailed from the island city.

"So did you get a transfer here from back home? Or did you graduate from Hogwarts?" Vickers was perennially curious about his countrymen daring to work on the other side of the pond.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes

Last edited by Steelsheen; 02-17-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot Oakey's last questions #oops #tiredbrain