Thread: Potions 1
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #228 (permalink)
SlytherinSistah
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
Default Bottling & Annabeth
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Text Cut: Annabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivana R View Post
Text Cut: Cosgrach

.......NOT GONNA LAUGH, NOT NOT NOT -

Deeeeeeeeep breeeeeaaaaths. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepest breaths!

"I'm glad you do, Anna!" HEHEHEHE.

Everything seemed to be in order, so Cosgrach walked to the front to address everyone again.

"The potion's final colour is white and it takes a few minutes, so while I explain you how it works, it should be ready." He sat down on his chair and looked at them. "Like I said: it will make you very confident, and if you are already way too confident, then you'll be arrogant. But don't worry, your eloquence won't change, so you can hide your arrogance behind sweet words. So you will choose just the right words for the person you are talking. It won't magically change that person's mind, but they'll like what they are hearing." He grinned. This was one of his favourite potions just for this. "It tastes sweet, like the words you'll use. Full dose is a glass, and the effect lasts for 5-6 hours. There is one downside of the potion: Do not drink more than a glass a week, or you'll be too arrogant and your sweet words will turn mocking." He didn't even need to tell that would annoy people. He tapped his wand one last time for these to appear and smiled.

"I'll post the homework on boards soon. If your potion is white, leave me a sample and you can leave."

OOC: I'll leave the thread open for 24 hours for if you need to catch up. Thank you for your contribution!

Annabeth felt a chill up her spine when she heard his voice saying her name. Anna. She loved her name in his voice. Anna. She sighed.
Cosgrach was giving them the last directions, his voice so melodious... Anna sighed, she wasn't paying attention to what he was talking about, then the last directions appeared on the blackboard. "From black to grey and then, to white," Anna looked into her cauldron. It was filled with a milky white liquid. "Looks perfect!" Then the girl looked around, the others were finishing their potions, taking notes, packing. She waved her wand and filled a vial with a sample of her potion, then labelled it with her name, House and year. Should she save a bottle of this potion? Anna smiled and thought it wasn't needed.
The potion had vanished with a wave of her wand, her cauldron was empty and clean, and then she waved again to clean her tools and workstation. She copied the last directions from the blackboard and saved her things into her backpack.

On her way to the teacher's desk she saw Cutty Mordaunt. Cutty was so weird... Anna decided to have some fun with him, she made a sound with her lips and commented in high voice, looking at the sample vial "it's tasty..." and then she turned to Cutty and said "You look so nice, Cutty!" hehehe He would never know if she was saying the truth or she was under the influence of the potion. She smiled at him and turned her back, walking towards the teacher's desk.

"Professor Culloden, here's the sample of my potion. It's a small sample, as I know you don't need more to check whether it's right or not. And I know you're not going to drink it, as you don't need a potion to look confident or to say sweet words. I was wondering, in fact, if you fell into a cauldron of Trust Me-self potion when you were a baby..." And I'd love to know if you are married, she added in thought. "And I want to know if you want me to stay after class... By the way, you look lovely today, Professor."
Anna grinned.

Cutty was looking down at his potion and noticing a gradual lift of colour. That's when he heard Annabeth's girlish little voice. What was she telling him? Compliments? They were hardly ever free. But maybe she was just being a Hufflepuff. A crazy female Hufflepuff. They did stuff like give compliments for free. "Yeah." He smiled back. "I know." Nothing wrong with his self-esteem. Was she going to coerce him? He was down.

But apparently she had plans for Professor Culloden instead. Hehehe heehehee. Cutty began cleaning his tools and instruments one by one and putting them away. He created a label tag for his potion bottle and after it had turned white, emptied a glassful of the stuff into said bottle before sealing the cork with magic so that it wouldn't spill until pried open by the Potions Master.