View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
Yourenodaisy

Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
E M Knight
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff Forever Interstellar Hitchhiker

Text Cut: UNCLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Just as he was about to do the bad habit of over-criticizing his greying looks he felt something run into him, and braced himself just in time before his forehead collided with the glass. “Oh! Emmaleigh, its you.” the silverfox smiled warmly at the redhead. “Well this is a Governors-sponsored event, it wouldn’t be becoming of me to skip out on it.” Not after all the preparations and such. Even Corin understood that he too must enjoy the fruits of their collective labor.

“Ah yes Vick....” he paused as he looked at the former Hufflepuff sincerely “Last we spoke he said he received the invitation...” as they all did “... But I had to come here ahead to oversee preparations and he didn’t really say when he’s coming.” Or if he was coming. He gave a pensive smile to his nephew’s best friend “He’s doing quite well you know, breezing through his scholastics while maintaining his job, almost as if--” and he didn’t finish. He didn’t need to say it. Emmaleigh knew exactly what it was.

And she saw his yearbook. Theres a tiny part of him that wanted to turn Emmaleigh around so she didn’t have to see the chipmunk that stared out of the page-- but it was too late. “Yyes that’s me.” the Governor chuckled “I wasn’t always wrinkly or silver.” Or healthy for that matter.

"How are you finding the party? Anything you wish to add or have?"

Oops. She didn't mean to almost bang his head on the glass. That would have been bad. Quite embarrassing. “Of course its me. Who else would nearly damage your head? Oh yeah, I guess that’s true, and I'm glad you're here.” Because she didn't get to see him often enough.

“Oh,” her smiled faded a bit from her face, not sure if that meant he was here, or if he had decided to stay home. Both actually sounded like him. The next thing he said though did make her smile return, albeit a small one. “I know. Its... good having him back.” Even if he wasn’t entirely back to his old self. It still hurt her heart, all the things he had gone through, but she could definitely tell he was healing.

Emmaleigh grinned taking an even closer look at the photo. “Or wise, I'm sure.” she said pointing out that not all bad things come with age. “But, look how cute you were.” She pointed to his little face. It seemed her mommy instincts were flaring up.

“Oh, its really nice. I've been having a lot of fun getting caught up with friends, and meeting new people.” For some reason it was a lot easier to meet people at a reunion than it ever was at school. “The food is good too, they have my favorite Hogwarts meal. No sushi though.” Thanks to Vick, she had really come to enjoy it. “Just one thing though, Who was the idiot that insisted on house tables? It would be a lot better to actually get to sit with my boyfriend, and friends without feeling like someone is being pulled away from where they should be.” Like where would her and Uncle sit if they wanted to eat?

just as long as you don't know they're impossible