Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 AM   #94 (permalink)
PatInTheHat

DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maximiliano Delgado
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Topher Fakiris
Accidents & Catastrophes

x6 x3
Browncoat l Extra Syrup l Kita's Strong Confident Other Half l Lemon Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
It wasn't that Sabel was against dancing. Not at all. In fact, he had become quite fond of it, but his dance-scapades usually occurred in the early morning, in his pyjamas, barefooted and either with one of the dogs, his daughter or his wife. It had been a very long time since dancing had been any sort of formal matter to attend to.

Emma had tried to give him lessons the night prior, having stood on his feet and holding his hands, telling him if he was stepping right or too fast. He trusted her capabilities as a teacher. Just not his own as a student.

Placing his hand over Arya's, Sabel leaned close to whisper in her ear. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Really? She did remember that he had two left feet at Hogwarts, right? It was something he attributed to his age at the time, but being back under the familiar roof of the school, he had a suspicion it might flare up again. Interesting things always did happen at Hogwarts.

And just to make sure that she knew he wasn't getting cold feet or being a party pooper, he placed a quick kiss on her cheek before drawing back with a genuine smile. "You look beautiful, by the way."
Arya was EXCITED to be back at Hogwarts. How long had it been? Almost a decade, since she'd skipped through these halls just a young girl. Now she was a woman with children who did not fancy being left at home, but she was surprisingly okay with that too. It had been even LONGER it felt, since she and Sabel had a night out together.

"I'm positive. Most everyone here knows we can't dance, so there's no embarrassment. Plus I'm super good at charms now, so no hurt feet after." She had been good at charms back then TOO but not wise enough to think to charm her own feet. Funny how age changed how you thought.

She grinned at him and took his other hand so she had both, pulling him onto the dance floor. "Not as handsome as you look. The bow tie is a nice touch." He was much more formal than she, but Arya wasn't one to care for being so formally dressed. Not when the invitation said semi-formal.

______________We'll live while we're young We'll chase down the sun _________________________