Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 02:12 AM   #84 (permalink)
noodles

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Second Year
x2
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

SPOILER!!: <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Weeell... Truebridge wasn't possessed, not in that sense anyway but Louisa didn't think it was important to correct him. "Oh no. It's definitely not boring. I studied here for seven years, I don't remember being bored a second of it." She allowed a sarcastic lopsided smile.

"Hmmm." Since he was insisting on hearing more of her analysis. "You're pretty persuasive, you got my real name last time." She gave him a playful frown. "That's both Slytherin and Ravenclaw. If you were in Ravenclaw, I would know. You have a unique name." So, leaning towards Slytherin. She took a quiet moment, dancing and moving her hands to his shoulders, and trying to finish this challenge successfully. But the thing with shy people is they hide essential personality bits behind that do-not-trespass sign they occasionally raise in your face. "Hufflepuff." She decided uncertainly, catching his eyes and getting stuck in how dark and beautiful his eyelashes were. They brought out his dark eyes giving him that intelligent and ablaze look. "No. Ravenclaw." She looked at his face wholly and admired the freshness and somewhat innocence there. "Hufflepuff." Again? But then his glinting eyes and the way he bit his lower lip.... "No, no, no. You're Slytherin." Yes. Persuasive, quiet, and charismatic power. That was Lafay's house.

She broke the eye connection and with a heavy exhale smiled widely. "No, no, no. My Gryffindor friends know what I think of their house. I diss it on daily basis, serves me good to be mistaken as one of them, I guess. So let's keep that on the down low, yes?" She was joking, of course, but she didn't laugh or chuckle. You had to detect the subtle hint of playfulness in her tone. But... to get real for a moment because she didn't bare another second being mistaken for someone who'd talk lowly of their friends. "My friends are my family. They put up with me for so long. They try to understand why I'm so unnecessarily complicated and obnoxious, and they do it with a smile on their faces." Louisa didn't understand why. "But you don't go around gushing about your family, that's how hypocrites do it. You start insulting their roots, instead. That's how close my friends and I are." They probably didn't appreciate it all the time, but it was common knowledge that as long as Louisa insulted you, you two were good. It was when she started treating you with utmost politeness that you should be careful.

... what! He thought she was mad because she said he was hot? Louisa laughed, "You can't take back logic, that's my most precious possession." Nonono. She wanted logic back. But also... "I am crazy. Just as crazy as you are." She frowned at him. "I don't understand why you're so determined to block anything good being said about you." He did it last time, and now too. It looked like a reflex for him, and it bothered Louisa, just like anything not right bothered her. It could be a growing-up thing. Maybe he had strict parents who were never satisfied and always tried to push him further by putting him down?

"Are you punishing yourself?" The next thought was said out loud.
Józsua smiled wryly. “Okay, okay. Point taken.” Come to think of it, being stuck inside for months had brought about boredom.. and eventually feelings of cabin fever.. but he had reasons for wanting it to last. It seemed years ago in a way.. yet just like yesterday in others.

Józsua wasn't sure about being persuasive.. but that was true. He HAD got her name! Her real one. AND a surname. And some personal information too. “m' just annoyingly persistent.” He grinned. Yes, he had a unique name in this country, but.. “I didn't start here until fifth year. I transferred from Beauxbatons.” Another snippet of personal information. But she would have graduated before he even started at Hogwarts. Józsua had not been lucky enough to spend seven years here. He bit back an amused chuckle as she tried to guess.. flitting from house to house. He looked up, not wanting to give anything away but his lips curved into a closed lipped, half-repressed, smile. Hufflepuff twice? He looked back at her and she finally got it. “Mhm.. I'm a Slytherin.” He confessed. She was so damn smart. “What do you do for a living? You're like a detective. You jus'.. you get these hunches..” Although it was probably more down to that Ravenclaw logic than any hunch.. “..and know things.” How could you know someone so well when you hadn't really given out any details of your life? Just glimpses here and there of your personality.. and mostly through gestures and body language. She'd noticed things about him he wasn't sure even some of his friends had noticed. She intrigued Józsua. She really did.

Ahh.. well.. dissing the other houses seemed to be a Slytherin trait. “You're definitely a hybrid.”.. As she'd put it before. “Or.. maybe a chameleon? You blend well into your surroundings..” Surroundings, yes.. not into the background. Louisa was like a shining light. Józsua imagined she stood out from the crowd wherever she went. Hm.. He smirked a little at that. “Your secret is safe with me.” He understood that she wasn't serious but he appreciated that she elaborated. She articulated things well when she talked about herself which was something he struggled with. “Unnecessarily complicated and obnoxious?” He repeated. “m... yet to see that side.” Which... meant he'd like to see some more of her.. They sounded like the best sort of friends. SHE was so opposite to him in many ways. He was too cautious about hurting anyone's feelings.. he wished he could be more like this woman. Yet another name to add to the list of people he admired.

He pulled a face as the conversation focused on him and his awful inability to take a compliment. He didn't understand either.. Maybe it was being brought up on a diet of subtle put downs and beratings.. always being compared.. It was easier to make light of compliments than to awkwardly accept something you didn't believe. Aaand she noticed the deflection.. Of course she did. She noticed everything. Józsua was embarrassed.. Maybe she was a psychologist rather than a detective. “No.” He said, shaking his head, masking his embarrassment with a smile. “I jus'.. I never know what to say.. without sounding ingenuine.”