View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Con_Stripes
Ministry

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Oz Thickey
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Desiderius Alberda
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Odessa
The Eye of Sauron | Zan-y | Snake Charmer

SPOILER!!: you and you
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Oh," hmmm, Robbie had almost forgotten Delilah was standing next to him. "Yeah, I did. From my last year, anyway. That term sucked. I'd forgotten how bloody awful my House was at Quidditch. I think we even forfeited a match due to sucking." Denver, or whatever that captain's name was, had been a horrible leader. No management skills at all.

Anyway. He looked up and around for something else to do. "Want to go find your year?" Surely Slytherin had gotten better since he had graduated and Delilah had been at Hogwarts... it didn't look like it from his glance at the House Points counter on his way in, but he had hopes...

But look at that. Another Slytherin (supposedly) that they were bumping into. "Hey, Zan," he lightly slapped his brother-in-law on the shoulder. "How are things?" If he was here, then his sister almost certainly was. Good man, hiding from her with his nose in a book while he could. Robbie almost felt bad for interrupting his reading, except this reunion was supposed to be a chance to bump into people and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colley View Post
"Yeah, well, Hufflepuffs can't be great at everything, love." Her back was sore and she still had no water, but Delilah was STILL being nice. STILL. BEING. NICE. Okay? She should win a freaking medal for it, too. She patted Robbie's arm helpfully, as if that would make the Hufflepuffs be less lame. It wasn't going to help a single thing, but she was trying.

She moved her focus over to the other man and gave him an acknowledging nod. Yeah, he was here too, and he didn't have water either. This was just the most fun thing next to giving birth that she'd ever done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Hufflepuff?" Robbie repeated in amazement, with an astonished, gaping mouth to match. "HUFFLEPUFF?!" He'd been being hush-hush at first but not right now. Right now he was insulted and couldn't care less if the whole Great Hall heard him. "I was in Slytherin, thank you very much, the most noble House of my ancestors and my kin, except for that ugly sister of mine." He was positively hissing like a little snake at Delilah's HUFFLEPUFFY assumption.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Let's just see how well your Hufflepuff House did, dear. Class of '69, was it?" He edged away from Ethan with a polite smile and over toward the newer yearbooks...

And yes, he knew very well that his wife was no Puffer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colley View Post
.........."What?" What? What had she said? Hufflepuff? Well, obviously she knew that Robbie was not a Hufflepuff. She had not married a Hufflepuff. But honestly, she wasn't very sure why she had said that. Was she getting dehydrated? She was very thirsty. "Of course. Slytherin. Right." RIGHT. They were both Slytherins.

Right?

Was she a Hufflepuff?

No. No way in hell.

Shoulder tapping. Ethan looked up when his brother-in-law addressed him and after a slightly too long moment, he nodded. "Things are good." Possibly. He suspected that any sort of elaboration or feel that he should really break down what Robbie meant by 'things' was unnecessary. "I lost Annie." Somewhere. Somehow. He'd lost HIS Hufflepuff, as it was.

... he regarded Delilah and tried not to be to wary of the belly. Pregnant women were dangerous creatures. Annie had been worse than a nundu. He still had nightmares. Ethan Truebridge inclined his head respectfully at her and said nothing. Safer that way.

He'd found himself in this yearbook. About twelve or so years old, in his Slytherin robes. Very unsettling. He could see his son in his own face. He wondered if Annie had seen it, this old yearbook. Could he take it from here? Hmm. Take the book to Annie, wherever she was. Maybe he would go sit in her office, take a plate, let her find him. She would have pictures of David in there, he could compare the pictures properly.

He went back to examining it, leaving the Bunbury branch of his family to do as they pleased.

Because that was what Bunburys did, in his experience.