View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation
Default One Shots by Harita - Sa 13+

Hello, everybody I am back with another fiction entry, which is my sixth one here...This entry is just a series of one shots that I am posting...Few of these characters are well known ones while the others could have been just mentioned somewhere along the storyline all through the series...
The first one is one such character...Hope you all enjoy it...

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the known characters, concepts or places mentioned in the one shots. They all belong to the Harry Potter Universe created by J K Rowling (literally) and Warner Bros. and Heyday Productions (visually). However, few new characters have been created to interact with these characters from the series. No copyright infringement has been intended.

Enjoy the read and drop in to comment and suggest...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Unspeakable.

Walking out of her office, her wand at the ready, she moved silently through the dark granite laden corridor. The lamps flickered even when the air in the corridor stood still. As she reached the central lobby of her department she was certain something was terribly wrong and the evidence came in the form of the mark on the door. People working in Department of Mysteries certainly knew their doors and the new interns and employees were taught tricks to identify theirs. Uma raised her wand with a complicated movement and breathing an innocuous chant. The tip of the wand cast a purple light around the lobby and misty forms appeared for fraction of a second, a time frame which would have been missed by any other witch and wizard but not an Unspeakable.

‘Intruders, dozens of them’ she muttered. She heard steps from behind her.
“What the hell happened?” came a voice as the person joined her to her right
“Did I just see-” but the second voice was silenced with Uma’s nod.
“Okay, I really do not like the feeling of this. Armstrong we need to see what is happening in the Thought Chamber and see if Reilly and the rest need any help”
The man in his early forties, a colleague of Uma immediately left towards one of the unmarked door on their left.

“Grower, see if Knowles and her people are fine in the Time Chamber. Where are Batch and Marshall?”
“On their way” and as soon as Grower disappeared behind the marked door in Time Chamber two new pair of feet appeared and immediately followed by the body of the owners running through the dimly lit corridors

“Batch, take the Space Chamber”
“Marshall take a tour of your division”
“What in Merlin’s name are we to find in Amortentia Room!”
“Only you can tell us Marty. The scene doesn't look good right now. There are almost a dozen intruders somewhere here and there is lot of chaotic energy floating around” Uma replied.
“I feel that” he replied.

“Go ahead and meet me back here, Trotter is on his way. If anyone wants to know where I am tell them I will be heading towards Death Room.”
“And yes be careful of the spells you use” she said turning to Batch “We wouldn't want to disturb any form of evidence of the earlier presence”
“Did you give so many instructions to Grower and Reilly?” muttered a bit disgruntled Batch, a thirty year old junior Unspeakable Officer.
“Come on let’s move” Marshall snapped as the two of them took the other two doors in the circular lobby leaving Uma with the last one on her extreme left.

Ignoring the jibe of the younger officer Uma headed towards the Death Room, the room where she had started her career as an Unspeakable. Although over the period of years she worked in different divisions under different capacity it was finally here that she was accepted as the Senior Unspeakable Officer (S.O) for the Death Room Division reporting for a night shift.

Although people of night shift were only second in line, she was the one Senior Officer amongst the others from different divisions that reported directly to the deputy of the department, Samuel Trotter. She had already sent him a memo earlier in the evening regarding the suspicious activity she found out with the help of her day shift Senior Officer Daniel Arling. She had received a reply stating to move forward with the necessary precautions but it looked like it was way too late for them to act.

As Uma entered the Death Room, she walked by casting similar spell and was welcomed with similar chaotic movement of the energies. Her worry began to escalate unable to understand what these intruders wanted from the Death Chamber. It looked as if they all were in a hurry, running here and there. But what did they come here for?

As she walked through and reached the last place she expected anyone to enter, she cast her spell again only to be surprised by much chaotic, misty and foggy view of what transpired in the room. Spells, hexes and curses had zipped through the now heavy still air of the chamber which accommodated one of the most intimidating and the interesting pieces of magic in its history, the empty archway.

Uma walked around the small mound atop which stood the empty archway which from Uma’s trained view held the light plasma like curtain which exuded its own force. Her walk around the mound in the beginning was deliberately slow trying to understand the magic used. But as she neared the base of the mound and climbed it she realized the slowness of her walk was now not in her control.

Years of training as an Unspeakable and experience in working with the magic and its energies, trying to understand its basic origin and in her case, its existence beyond the life makes most of the Unspeakables capable of feeling different kinds of magic. Experience as that of Uma and her colleagues like Marshall, Reilly, and seniors like Samuel Trotter make them as good as the Prior Incantetum spell they cast in detecting types of magic if not exactly the curses and hexes by their names.

As Uma walked higher on the mound, the residual effect of magic on her body and her trained senses was gradually increasing, slowing down her walk. She paced in front of the archway holding onto her wand tightly. As a senior Unspeakable she could use her wand to cast certain spells that aurors and hit wizards use during investigation of a crime scene. She was trained to do so, and she had used her training well on many occasions. But today however, she made a call and was not ready to disturb even the slightest of the energies present in the chamber. She will have to cordon off this entire section of her division till investigations are over because someone has joined the voices behind the veil. Uma turned to look at the empty archway; she could hear voices from behind it. She took a deep breath trying to steady herself only to be suddenly knocked down by an invisible force that sucked the breath from her lungs leaving her suffocated and breathless, kneeling right in front of the archway her hand gripping it tightly and dangerously close to the veil.

“Someone has died tonight. Although we might take months before we know who has joined beyond the veil” said the strained voice of a woman who had just entered the office of the deputy of the Mysteries Department. The men in the room turned towards Uma, as she stepped in front of the Department Head and deputy, for some reason presence of the prior was unnerving Uma.

“I think we know who died” said another voice from the corner of the room.
“Sirius Black” replied the same man who Uma was looking at.
“Mr. Young?” Uma spoke addressing the auror, “how do you know?”
“Because we already have a witness to it and the second witness will be on his way”
“Who is the witness?”
“Remus Lupin”
“Remus Lupin?”
Uma took in a sharp breath and moved unsteadily to take a seat nearby. She did not understand what was happening. Why were her two classmates from Hogwarts here in the Ministry in the dead of the night! The tour of the Death Chamber had left her tired and worried and the news didn't do her any good as well.

“How was he killed?” she asked. Somewhere in her heart she knew how.
“Killing curse by his cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange” came the answer, Uma nodded and muttered, “So this is how the Killing Curse feels”
“What did you say?” came the question from the deputy Samuel Trotter who walked up to her and sat on his toes.

Uma spoke of everything she did whilst investigating the Death Room, except the part where she was about to describe the effect of the Killing Curse, Samuel Trotter stopped her and asked her to make a report on it. He requested an audience with Remus Lupin for Uma from Norman Young and got one so that it will help her in her report which she will give it to the researchers back in the Death Room for them to work on. It was Trotter the zealot speaking which was what made him look arrogant and overbearing that wasn’t much appreciated by his juniors especially at sensitive times like these.

On the other hand, Uma’s investigation wasn't appreciated by Young like many aurors and hit wizards, who felt involving Unspeakables as primary investigators meant tampering with the evidence.
“Should I remind you we have extremely trained and highly experienced primary investigators in our Divisions Senior Officers so that your work becomes easy Mr. Young. I thought you had accepted that fact long time ago” came the defence from the Head of the Department, Mr. Phillip Picke

“Do not worry Mr. Young, I have used only one non invasive spell, it will not tamper with your investigation. The incident is very serious. I have cordoned off the area before I came here, your evidences of trace magic is intact I can assure you that”
Norman Young, the deputy auror nodded and took down the notes and he said, “It is; we have captured Death Eaters who were already incarcerated before we came. We do not know what or why they entered the Department but are on our way to get the information”
They were silent for a while, while Norman Young read through the Quick Quill Notes of his.

“Is there anything you want to add, Mrs. Patil?” asked Norman Young after finishing with his notes.
“No I guess that’s about it.”
“Did you know him, Uma?” asked Marshall, the Senior Officer of the Amortentia Room, “Did you know Black?”
“The whole world knew him” came her answer but back in her mind

‘I only knew one side of him...the significant side...the better side...’

Hope you all enjoyed it...
~~~~~~~~