View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:35 AM   #298 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"I'm not really a book person. I guess it's something I should work on this term?" Dot didn't really feel bad saying it. She liked some books, if they were pretty or dead useful or something, but she felt overwhelmed and small in the library. Like it was more proof that the universe was quite full of things and she didn't understand how she fit into it yet. Very small, and she was already small.

"You have to teach me why it's great. I'll teach you something in return. We're friends." In case he didn't know how friends worked. Although, friends should teach each other things for free instead. "Do you think everyone is good at something? That seems impossible. Some people must be good at nothing." Which was... depressing. Moving on.

She pointed at the barrier. "What if it won't let us through this time?"
Thornton was most certainly a book person, but due in large part to having had mostly books for friends before arriving at Hogwarts. But he did recognize that not everyone was. "You don't need to be a book person," he said, shrugging. "But we can go to library and I can show you when I like it." He nodded. He'd have done it anyway even she hadn't offered to teach him something, though he wondered what she might have in mind.

"I do," he said, shrugging. "And I think the people who think they aren't good at anything just haven't figured out the something that they are good at yet." Did that make sense? "My Seren... she's our, I mean, my sister's, nanny... says that everyone has talent, but that if you judge a grindylow by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend its whole life thinking it's not good at anything." And she'd reminded him of that in each of her letters during his first year, as he struggled with his coursework.

He looked to the barrier as she pointed, looking just a bit confused. He didn't have any clue why it wouldn't let them through... other people had made it so far, hadn't they? "Well..." he said, tilting his head and looking at it. "If it doesn't, we can figure something out. But we won't know unless we try?" They could go together?

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time