View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
hpluvr037
Dark Force Defense League
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finnlay 'Finn' Cameron Muir
Fifth Year
x5
Ravenpuff | Cap'n Crunch | Bedtime Queen | O Minion, My Minion

Tiara looked around and only saw a few students out and about on the grounds. If they were stragglers from her group then they would hurry along soon. She would just go ahead and get started, since there were many eager faces in their little outing.

She bent down to pick up a bright purple piece of chalk. "If you are unfamiliar with this particular muggle art object, these sticks are called sidewalk chalk." Oh, how she had loved drawing with chalk as a small child! "You can use it to write," she bent down, "on concrete," and drew a circle. "I procured these sets for you on a recent trip into Inverness from a muggle toy store. You will use them today to demonstrate your learning. Still have your notes, I trust?" She had asked them to bring their parchments along with them. "If not, a simple Summoning Charm should remedy the mistake." Suddenly a mental picture of 20 pieces of parchment soaring through the front doors leaped into her mind.

"Your task is to pick one of the master numbers: 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, or 99. Based on the descriptions of the master you chose, I would like you to draw me a pictorial representation of the number. You could include people, objects, colors, or symbols you think exhibit those traits - or something else! This is a very open exercise." That would be freeing to some and torture for others.

"So hop to it! Never fear, it washes out of clothing in a trice. The bell to end the period will ring in.." She checked her watch. "About thirty minutes."

Quote:
OOC: This RP makes up about half of the points for your homework. Feel free to get really creative with what your character chooses to represent your chosen number. You need a minimum of three RP posts if you want full credit. I will leave the thread open through the beginning of next week, probably Monday evening EST. I got the majority of the information for this lesson from here and here, which would give lots more detail for your ideas. Further instructions on what to turn in and how to do it will be posted on your common room notice boards and the Arithmancy Announcements thread when this thread closes. Tiara will be around watching if you have questions, but also feel free to PM me! Have fun, budding artists!

Thanks, Kitakins <3