View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

SPOILER!!: Kyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

“It is more convenient than you would imagine. If I lived with my aunt I’m pretty sure her kids would put paste in my hair before I left for work” she admitted with a laugh. “Well if you find yourself there again there is a record and book store with an attached café that you should try” she grinned and then he was offering her more coffee? Did she want a refill, well really that would be wonderful but…would she be all jittery later? Oh who cared if she was jittery she’d get her work done either way.

“Oh that would be great honestly” she grinned and quietly refilled the coffee cup “thank you” she added as she sat back down and crossed her ankles. Remember to uncross them later, she thought to herself as he continued to talk about the business at hand.

Wait did he say partnering with the MLE? She blinked a bit and knew she must have paled momentarily. “Right, that does sound like a very good idea” did her voice crack when she had said that? She wasn’t sure. Please don’t let it be Simon she thought quietly as she really wanted the work to go smoothly and not be awkward and full of long pauses. The kind of you broke up with me with no real explanation pause that seemed to happen whenever they ran into each other until she would awkward her way out of the room again. “Oh that does sound like a good plan, d-do you have any word of who will join us from the MLE?” She asked carefully, still feeling the nerves of the whole situation. “My aunt and father both worked in the MLE there’s a chance I might know them” she admitted trying to make it seem a little less awkward. Okay...so if it was Simon she'd just have to maybe find Vic and talk to him about the awkward when in the break room right? Or you know other friends.

Paxton let out a chuckle. “Surely your cousins are mature enough not to do it? How old are they, if I may ask?” Paxton is close to most of his cousins, except for the one who lives in Grasmere. Nonetheless, the conversation with Kyleigh makes him want to visit it again. He can, of course, skip his relatives in Grasmere. “Has the place changed a lot? I don’t remember seeing a record bar and book store with a café the last time I visited…” Or maybe his memory was starting to rust? “But if I should find the store, I’d love to see their records…I like old rock music. U2, Bon Jovi…those great masters.” He said thoughtfully and mentally jotted down notes about his next visit.

The department head got his wand and filled his empty cup with water. The man brought the cup to his lips, “I have yet to talk to Ms. Browne about this, so no, no idea yet as to who will be joining us.” And took a sip of his water. Was Paxton missing something? “Oh you do? Well, I met someone from the MLE earlier. He looks like a good candidate to join us.” What’s his name again? Sam? Steven? Simon? Merlin, he just met the guy and he already forgot!

SPOILER!!: Enzo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
Just pretend that you are in a packed Quidditch stadium where everyone is cheering you one. You'll be happier here if that happens. Just be calm, cool and collected. He could act happy to be here...in this department. Maybe if he had a happier department head then everything would be perfect. Just perfect. Lorenzo walked into the department head's office when he was told it was alright to come into it. The twenty-nine year old looked around the office. Interesting but boring. This place needed to be more welcoming. Enzo gave a slight nod to his boss.

Enzo brought his attention to a broom that was in front of Paxton. A smirk was shown on his face. "That's a Yajirushi Broom." He had knew about them and had heard some things about the brooms but he had never used one on the pitch in a match. "I have some ex-teammates that are boasting about them. Their trying to get me to test one out and see if I'll come out of retirement to use them in a match." Enzo said with a slight nod of his head.

Paxton laid the broom in front of them, and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He was obviously delighted with what Enzo said, because he’s got a grin on his face. “You know the broom, but you haven’t tried it.” So obviously, he can’t give him any feedback of some sort, yes? “Although the information is highly classified, a successful broom manufacturer wants our help in designing a hybrid broom. I must say that the Yajirushi is a good starting point. Though it is a racing broom, I want to come up with something similar to it but with added comfort. Think of a luxury broom, without sacrificing its speed.” Paxton paused as he decided on his employees assignment.

“For now Mr. Abernathy, I would like to get your opinion about the Yajirushi.” He said as he gestured at his prized possession. “I’m giving you the day to try it out back at the Recreational Quidditch Pitch. Report to me your findings within the week.” Paxton was sure that Enzo did not want his company, so he was not going to offer. As much as he wanted to interact with the kid, the other party didn’t feel like it. Paxton can sense it from a mile.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.