Thread: Croquet Lawn
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mad Eye Touz
Dark Force Defense League

Diricawl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zahra Kettleburn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
CJ Cooper
Inside Kitty | HIT ENTER | UNO Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"If he was my partner, I'd make sure he was getting fed." Actually, she wouldn't. Chosen could take care of himself, just like Kennedy could. Vivi would break someone's knee if they tried to baby her like that, and she knew Aspen at least well enough to believe the same was true for her. Maybe more than break a knee. Aspen got a brief, measuring look. Break both knees.

"Get another ball," Vivi reminded, since Aspen had gone and chucked hers at the swan boat things. She waited a minute before rolling her ball down the course with her foot, and once it came to rest near a wicket, she knocked it through. Wow, amazing athletic abilities happening right here!

"He's all bud," Vivi decided. She liked that. Max bloomed for her. It made sense. "No one's asking you to socialize. Be mad at me for stuff I'm actually doing. Leaving the house. Putting on clothes."

Aspen wasn't interested in a partner. Van had told her ages ago to get one, to find one, but she'd never been able to do it. She had thought Kennedy and Chosen, too but in the end, Aspen hadn't attached herself to either. Her trust didn't lend itself to partners.

Especially not now.

She got another ball. This one was a dark shade of purple. Aspen whacked this one too, no regard at all of anyone else on the grass. They better be constantly vigilant.

Aspen also wasn't interested in dating a flower, bud, vine, blooming or otherwise. She couldn't disagree, from what she knew and remembered of Max: All bloom.

"I'm just stoppering any ideas before you get them. I'm out; that's good enough." Not to mention, dangerous. Aspen wasn't the only one that worked at the Ministry, after all. "Are you going to marry Max?" Seemingly random, but what Aspen was wondering.