Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: WWW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
William was honestly starting to run out of plate room, something that had never happened to him before. Even if it didn't necessarily FEEL like a garden party here, the food options had him convinced he was at one (despite never being to such a party before). And he was going to try everything.

Or so he'd thought, until he started imagining FEELING judgy LOOKS from the other Ministry workers. "Almost doneeeeee, gosh," he muttered darkly under his breath, pausing at the end of the line now as he tried to make a choice of pātisserie. Ooh la la, le fancy!

He glanced to the person next to him, some woman who was now... shoot, shouldn't have looked at her. She was introducing herself. To him? He didn't know, he sure hadn't been paying attention. But she'd definitely said something about DRAGONS, which caught his attention, and so now he would have to say something back.

"You new?" he half-grunted, remembering his manners a moment too late. Uhhh. He cleared his throat and tried again, "...to level four? Are you new to level four?" There, he'd said a complete sentence. Good job William.

Anddddddd piling on the desserts, piling on the desserts....all the desserts...

The man she'd been introducing herself to moved on to adding more to his plate, so Daphne turned to face forward once again. The line seemed to be moving, at least, and they'd even reached the desserts! She focused her attention on the first man she'd seen here, the one who'd been piling his plate in mountain form since she got here. She wasn't really bothered with that but thought it was kind of amusing. Especially since other people seemed to be giving him looks, which he wasn't too happy about. Poor guy.

Daphne spooned a piece of pie on to her plate just before a grunt of a greeting was tossed her way. Oh, it was the man--the first one she's seen here. Go figure. "I am," she answered, and she'd say her new job title, too, but she figured he'd heard that part. "Tell me you're in Creatures, too. Everybody I've met tonight's on a different level, and it'd be nice to see who I'll be working with." She'd met Emmalee, who was on level four, but she was in the Environment department. This guy, she thought, would be awesome to work with. He seemed carefree and like he could care less what others thought about him. Daphne just thought he'd maybe woken up on the wrong side of the bed or something this morning.