Thread: Portfolio: Harry Potter Classroom
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Aww thanks Casey <3

Let's start off.. I am a second grade teacher and this year I just needed something new. So some of the things I ordered and won't take credit for but it's so cute I have to share!!

As you walk into my room the first thing you see is my door, now I didn't make the door I found it on Amazon.

SPOILER!!: door

Now once in my room you will find bulletin boards, again I found stone border paper on Amazon.

The first is my calendar area, I got the actual calendar from United Art and Education. The Classroom Crest that you see I made on the computer using a Niffler as our class animal.

You will then see the wall right beside my desk or the 'headmistress area' Instead of the remembrall I made this the rememwall where I keep all the things I need to remember as well as a wonderful poster that Emjay photoshopped for me for classroom voice levels. The Sorting hat above is a balloon that I cut open and stuffed with tissue paper.

The back walls in the 'Great Hall are my quote walls and house points. My class is set up in houses and they work to earn points. Every month the one with the most points wins prizes. I made the hour glasses out of construction paper and laminated so I can use dry erase markers. The quotes are printed from Pintrest and laminated. The torches are rolled brown construction paper and red/yellow tissue paper.

SPOILER!!: Walls

One of my favorite areas is my student Job wall. Using brown construction paper I made a tree with green construction paper leaves. Placing stuffed animal owls on the top and laminated big and small owls I created my student's job board. Sitting on the counter we have a program called PAX that we use for behavior. With this program, we give tootles for good behavior we see. Using printed owls I made a tootle box that fits nicely with the job wall.

SPOILER!!: owls

In second grade we have word wall words. These are words that second graders find difficult. So for the word wall, I colored dragons and placed each letter on them. Then the words on red paper. Placing some stuffed dragons on top.

SPOILER!!: word wall

Alright.. that's all I'm posting tonight. I'll post more of the room tomorrow.

One of my favorite parts of my room is my Dobby Socks area. The sign above his head is hard to read, but it says to clean up after yourself because no house elves work here. I bought Dobby off Amazon and the basket is for socks so the kids can erase their dry erase boards.

SPOILER!!: Dobby

One of the hardest places I worked was the common room library. How else can you go into the common room, but through the Fat Lady. I got a lid from a treadmill box and traced the Fat Lady on my projector. I had to free hand the face, so it doesn't look all that good. After painting the fat lady I decided the outside needed something. So I spray pointed the box. Next I cut out a circle in cardboard and spray painted it, using four tea lights I placed them where the students could turn them on everyday. Using white string I placed a hook on the ceiling and attached the Chandler. Placing a few Hp quotes in frames, I then got two poster boards and made a fire place.

SPOILER!!: Common Room

My room is set up in table groups of six desks. Each group is a different house. On the front of each set of houses I have printed out and laminated house signs. Here is just one as an example.

SPOILER!!: Houses

My next thing is one that I really did come up with mostly on my own. I have to give credit to emjay for helping me bring my brainstorm idea to a real thing. She helped figure out what materials to use. I wanted a Weasley clock in my room to tell which students were at school, home, restroom, or with other teachers. Using a cookie sheet, cardboard, construction paper, magnets, and paint it all came together.

SPOILER!!: clock

I do a Daily Five Reading program so I need five groups. The students picked the name of the animals and I made this little poster just the other day to show which center they are working at first.

SPOILER!!: Poster

Each week I have a new Prefect, this person is the house leader for the week and gets the supplies, passes out papers, all that fun stuff. They get to wear little badges as well.

SPOILER!!: Prefects

For open house and the first revealing of my classroom, I made chocolate frogs from a mold I had bought. Finding a template for the Chocolate Frog box I sat and made twenty-four boxes one evening, and inside, of course, you had to have a trading card. So I placed my picture with all my contact information.

SPOILER!!: Chocolate Frogs

Having a Harry Potter theme you have to have quills. So I made quills using craft feathers and pencils for each child.

SPOILER!!: Quills

That's all I have for now. I'm hoping to come up with and make new ideas all the time. So I'll post as I go and if you have any ideas for something I can do please please please feel free to mention!!

Last edited by Bazinga; 07-21-2019 at 03:17 AM.