View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

The matter of the potion was settled fine enough. He could tell she wasn't all that convinced but then when was she ever without some tangible proof alluding to the effectiveness? Gavin on the other hand was going to believe til the last minute that Zeke wasn't beyond helping. It helped him sleep better at night when he thought of all the time his nieces spent with him.

Gavin did little to hide his amusement at her clarifying she was better than his earlier assessment. By no means was he disagreeing on the matter, in fact that's what they'd been getting at this whole time. He took another bite of his sandwich while she had another go at her croissant, just letting the air of amusement sink in before, "I know." Because he obviously did. "It was a compliment, though I suppose the only good compliments I give are the ones to myself. I should work on that." Source had been a compliment. Better than one of the brainwashed learning from the source. See? He was calling her a leader of sorts, despite her lead being down a path of sugary death but that was minor detail here sorta.

He raised an eyebrow at her declaration. Very good thing." He confirmed, biting into his sandwich yet again. Emily was the last person to ever need saving or crucial help from others. They'd talked about this. Rabid creatures gnawing away at her legs, that whole story. "But wouldn't you rather my help?" Serious question here. Like egos at stake and everything!!

How curious, she'd run out of coffee. He still had plenty of coffee, mhm, did she see? Some people never savoured and this was what happened. Though it was only half true. That croissant was still living. Some savouring was taking place. Across from them he could see the two leaving. Shame. "Who stocks the coffee in this place?" It had only ust occurred to him to ask. A hole in the wall he didn't know about and it had it's own coffee? Surely he wasn't the only one who chose to question something like this...or maybe he was.

He never ceased to amaze her. Never. Content with there being food in her mouth - consequently leading to her belly - Emily took her time in chewing before responding. "You make it sound like a chore," she observed. The whole complimenting thing. It came too easily where he was concerned, particularly his face, how he couldn't use the skill for the benefit of others was beyond her, though it wasn't something she really cared for. She could live without compliments, so long as there was respect.

She was set on helping herself to a mouthful of her sandwich when Gavin opened a can of worms, so to speak. The fact that she could look after herself was a good thing, yes... but his question regarding his help... she couldn't see this going anywhere good anytime soon, so she did the only logical thing she could do. Eat. Until she thought of something nice-ish to say. Needless to say, she chewed in quiet contemplation for a generous moment, fixating on him across the table. Where other matters were concerned, every day matters, "I already do." She'd have never lasted this long with the kid if it hadn't have been for him keeping her sane at the best and worst of times. But despite her lack of ego, she was still too proud a person to rely on anyone for help, including Gavin. Help denoted weakness, something she was keen to avoid at all cost.

Sandwiches were all well and great, but when push came to shove, she needed something to wash it down with, and the lack of coffee in her cup was not conducive to this. "I actually don't know," she replied truthfully, a slight shrug for emphasis. Would this piece of news disturb him? "As far as I can tell, anyone could be responsible for it, numerous people even.." it was a mystery to her, one she didn't much fancy solving. It was part of its charm. The only instance in which she would want to spoil things by investigating, was if the quality dropped, someone was poisoned, or someone died... but her paranoia wasn't rabid today.