View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Emily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

There was very little that could be said to reassure her about Zeke's prospects, and though Gavin seemed to be the bearer of hope with all his potions and whatnot, she was beginning to doubt whether a wit-sharpening potion would have enough brunt to do the kid justice. Or was she being too harsh? Perhaps. Either way, his small nod didn't do anything to instill confidence in the matter, it was simply something to be endured - like a storm.

And again, he didn't seem to be complimenting her thoughts much at all. She was certain her interpretation of his original statement was correct, and she was an inspiration to be emulated... though, apparently not. "Uh huh," she murmured, sipping her coffee once more. The faith he had in her was phenomenal, overwhelming even... ..... .... "I'm better than that," she stated simply. Would be deny it? Now there was a thought to mull over. Instead of dwelling on the negative, she continued to focus on the positive, her croissant. Taking another bite, she relaxed a bit more in her seat.

As for Gavin rabbiting on about healing salves and fires and whatnot... it was irrelevant. Emily stared, sipped what remained of her coffee and stared, before finishing her croissant and moving on to open her sandwich. "It's a good thing I'm a big enough girl and can look after myself then," she replied idly, convinced that she didn't need him or anyone else to save her. She was no damsel in distress after all.

Focusing not on what he had said, but on what the topic she preferred given the options, Emily considered Gavin's statement regarding the coffee. It was better than level three, hands down, but it was also easily the best coffee in the Ministry - and she would know, having sampled it all at one time or another. "Leaps and bounds better than level three," she clarified out of necessity. It wasn't to say the stuff was bad, it was rather decent, but in comparison... it was weaker. Taking a bit of her sandwich, Emily instinctively moved to wash it down with another mouthful of coffee... only to realise that there was none. Cups needed to start refilling themselves, or heads would roll.

The matter of the potion was settled fine enough. He could tell she wasn't all that convinced but then when was she ever without some tangible proof alluding to the effectiveness? Gavin on the other hand was going to believe til the last minute that Zeke wasn't beyond helping. It helped him sleep better at night when he thought of all the time his nieces spent with him.

Gavin did little to hide his amusement at her clarifying she was better than his earlier assessment. By no means was he disagreeing on the matter, in fact that's what they'd been getting at this whole time. He took another bite of his sandwich while she had another go at her croissant, just letting the air of amusement sink in before, "I know." Because he obviously did. "It was a compliment, though I suppose the only good compliments I give are the ones to myself. I should work on that." Source had been a compliment. Better than one of the brainwashed learning from the source. See? He was calling her a leader of sorts, despite her lead being down a path of sugary death but that was minor detail here sorta.

He raised an eyebrow at her declaration. Very good thing." He confirmed, biting into his sandwich yet again. Emily was the last person to ever need saving or crucial help from others. They'd talked about this. Rabid creatures gnawing away at her legs, that whole story. "But wouldn't you rather my help?" Serious question here. Like egos at stake and everything!!

How curious, she'd run out of coffee. He still had plenty of coffee, mhm, did she see? Some people never savoured and this was what happened. Though it was only half true. That croissant was still living. Some savouring was taking place. Across from them he could see the two leaving. Shame. "Who stocks the coffee in this place?" It had only ust occurred to him to ask. A hole in the wall he didn't know about and it had it's own coffee? Surely he wasn't the only one who chose to question something like this...or maybe he was.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.