View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: BFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoHeGiNeLu View Post
Yeah, Max, she knew you well. "No. Because you have more faith in me than I deserve." It was said matter-of-factly. And they both knew it was true. Max had always thought Ellie more than capable at anything she set out to do. He'd thought her a goddess, practically.

"What's that to do with anything?" she asked. As far as she was concerned, her playing her weakest position against Max only meant that she'd fail epically. Which was okay with her. It wasn't like she was a Chaser or anything. She could lose playing Chaser.

The redhead swerved and dove to catch the Quaffle returned to her by Max's broomstick. "Like I'd give up?" There was just a hint of a smirk on her face.

Ellie took the ball for a joyride around the pitch, sped toward the right goal hoop, then tossed the Quaffle up towards the center one. It was awfully hard to fool a Keeper when you were one-on-one, but she was determined to try.

What? That was ridiculous. Aaaaaaabsolutely ridiculous. "Nuh uh." He was pouting a little. "I see you for the great person you are. I can't help that you're so modest." Now his tone had turned teasing... though... she WAS pretty modest, really. "You deserve all the good things." All of them.

And he really meant it.

Max smiled big - of course Ellie wouldn't give up. She couldn't. He loved that about her and sat forward on his broom, looking as fierce and prepared and ready as ever to block her shot. He was impressed with her showmanship, wondering how often she dabbled in the position of Chaser and got to have the kind of fun it looked like she was having now - and when she sped right at the right hoop, he purposely moved toward it, fully expecting her to aim for another one.

And she did.

He tried to hesitate for a perfect amount of time that he could play it off as slow reflexes, but he did indeed surge up toward the center hoop, planning it well enough that the quaffle grazed his fingertips and soared through the hoop behind him without it looking entirely on purpose. He had put enough effort into it that he thought it was convincing and turned to wrinkle his nose at Ellie. He could play it off expertly. "Pffffffffft." He grinned and waved a dismissive hand back at her as he went to retrieve the quaffle to toss back to her and shouted over his shoulder, "Y'got lucky!"