View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Emily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
With any luck she wouldn't be shaking her head with disappointment once his results came in. She found it hard not to, and whenever she did, his face fell into that mopey kicked-puppy look... she loathed that look, because it meant reassuring and caring and getting the boy to smile again - which granted, wasn't hard, but it was effort. "If you think it'll help," she mused, though she couldn't see him being productive once dessert was served. Still, anything was possible, and for the sake of her sanity she was going to give this optimism thing a crack. Emily nod her head from side to side, reluctantly. Gavin wasn't wrong on that point. Zeke could read, to an extent, and he could count money, but beyond that she would be instilling a great deal of hope into Hogwarts and its ability to teach her son. He would live, yes... but would he live well? "Mmm..." she didn't say anything else on the matter, there was little good that could come from dwelling on such things right now.

The croissant was going down a treat, and was even better with the coffee, the hint of cinnamon just lifting the experience to the next level. Chewing was all she could do to mask the grin that threatened to happen at his comment. A walking inspiration, yeah, something like that. "I should be commended and celebrated for my efforts," she joked. Though she probably had managed to eat enough pastries in her lifetime to form a small hill if not a mountain.

It hadn't escaped her that he hadn't started eating yet, though she wasn't going to press him to do so. Gavin wasn't a child, and the less he ate, the more that was left for her, so it wasn't really a loss. When he started laughing though, she raised a brow curiously. She hadn't meant to be funny - or at least, not that funny. "Oh?" she questioned at the revelation. He would hold back on her? She doubted this, but he still raised the question.

And then he went there. Did she stutter? Emily stared at him blankly across the table. "That's what I said," she clarified, watching as he raised the cup to his lips. Never mind that there was the patience part too, he just had to focus on the other. And what exactly was fascinating? It was hardly a term she'd use to describe a cup of joe. "So what's the verdict?" she asked, knowing full well he wasn't a connoisseur when it came to coffee, but an opinion would be appreciated nonetheless.

Did he think it would be of much help? Objectively? It was possible and he could give her a vial or two to take home, feed it to him with his breakfast before the test so Gavin nodded. There was all kinds of hope for the kid when you used the right potion in the right dosage amount. The 'Mmm' he figured was as close to her admitting he had a point as he would get and he'd take it. He knew enough to survive the real world and when did a wizard ever need algebra anyway? A bunch of letters and numbers mixed together, he didn't even know letters had their own nummerical value. Strange.

That wasn't exactly what he'd been implying when he called her an inspiration to sugar addicts all over but he could have let her have it...could have. Didn't mean he would. "I was more thinking of you being somewhat of a source. You know what happens to the source when someone's trying to take down an entire system?" She could answer that question while he unwrapped his sandwich, her knowing military strategy and all that in some capacity.

He'd only gotten in a bite before she thought to seriously question an idle statement. He could indulge her in the truth or he could poke fun at her for a bit. The second option always proved the more dangerous but how seriously could she really take him in the end? "It's got the same prinicple of you knowing fire burns but playing with it anyway then coming to me for a healing salve--of course I'd give you the salve eventually but that's it, eventually." After he'd poked his fun and had his laugh.

Emily may not have been seeing what was so fascinating in her choice of words but he did. She said love and didn't ask for mouth wash shortly after or grimace or make a face. This was what the common man deemed improvement in the same way he'd improved where contact was concern. "Just making sure." He commented with a casual shrug and another sip of the coffee. "I'll admit it's even better than the stuff they have on level 3." The place he formally thought had the best coffee. This was good to note.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.