View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
"How many times am I going to have to tell you that I hate surprises?" Sighing, Becca leant back in the chair now. "Well I had more than enough time to make it." He'd been home late and she'd been alone for longer than usual, what with the Ministry being set up again. "Didn't stop you." Her eyes scanned the room again. "And... when you're alone at home... when the kids are in their rooms playing... your mind starts to play tricks." Her eyes turned to him now. "I'm going crazy. I need to do something. I can't... I can't be the perfect housewife and mother, come to things like this and smile the whole night, I just..." Sighing deeply, she rubbed her face gently. "This is the first time I've been away from the kids with you in two months." And her husband looked like that.
Swallowing he looked down at the floor as he stayed just sitting there facing her. Just once he'd thought he could surprise her for once and have her happy with the surprise considering who he'd dressed up as. Once again ruined the night. Why not? It was his typical thing he did, ruined something once again. "I know you're going crazy at home. It's why I have said you need to be out there again, doing what you love. I hate knowing that you aren't out there, when you loved being an auror. Emma's getting older, the kids are all at the academy..." He looked guilty about the part away from the kids with him. "I need to change that."