View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
GrapehSarah

DMC
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Burke
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Léopold Bouchard
Magical Creatures
x6 x3
SPNer | Whovian | Sherlockian | | Artist | Cornhusker | Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

OH SWEET SOLSTICE TEARS WERE COMING OH NO OH.....oh wait they had kind of stopped. Thank Merlin for that.

"It is human nature to act on impulse when angry," he nodded. Even if those actions were highly illogical the majority of the time. "So it is understandable that you acted without properly thinking things through. That being said, Miss Adams, my concern as your professor and mentor is your safety and you compromised that safety. While I sincerely hope that such a situation never arises again in any form," meaning father or no father. Just in the presence of muggles period, "that you take a page from the Jedi Code and not let your emotions control your actions." Hard thing to do, unless one had trained their brain to do so and an even more daunting task when one threw in the fact that the young woman was a teenager.

Tell him not to do something as a teen and he would do it anyway and ten times worse than first imagined. KABOOM!

Ah, a smile. Those he liked, yes. They were the opposite of tears really. Unless there were happy tears and then those paired with a smile...and made him equally uncomfortable.

He had still forgotten about the brownies, by the way. Serious and awkward conversation would do that.

"I'm saddened to hear that," he sighed softly. "If I may ask such a personal question, Miss Adams, what are you planning to do now that your, er, housing situation has been compromised?"
Adelaide just sat and listened to Flamsteed, biting on her lip. She knew she had been stupid in that. Honestly she was shocked she hadn't thought about the statute before coming here. Probably just because her friends were more worried about the housing than anything.

She cracked a slight smile at the mention of the 'Jedi code'. Of course her inner-nerdy self was happy at that little mention. "I'll try my hardest, professor. I promise." Try was all she could do at the moment though. Because teenage emotions sucked.

Addi stared at the plate of brownies. She had already lost her appetite. Didn't even really want the tea anymore. That was okay though. Flamsteed could always eat them later.

She sighed. "I'm going home with my friend Derry for the holidays...and her and a couple others have said they'll talk to their parents and see if I can stay with them until I get more on my feet." Adelaide smiled. She really had picked a great group of friends. "I'm also going to apply to some unis and go do some open quidditch tryouts." Fingers crossed on the quidditch thing. But at least she had some things in mind. Better than having nothing at the moment.