Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default other people in here toooooooo *rearranges quotes a little*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post

Taking a deep breath, she glanced down the table as she moved up the steps, nodding and smiling and giving little finger waves to those who looked her way, an extra twinkly smile to the astronomy professor.
Drumming against the table top in eager anticipation for the speech to be over and done so he could eat, Airey's blue eyes briefly met Medea's and he returned the smile and threw in a wink. It was also then that he got a better look at everyone else down the table...and....Aurors? Oh yes, that was right. The heightened security. It was a real shame that it all that had happened. WHAT was he going to do with those new suits he had bought over the summer specifically to watch matches in?!

Offering a small inclination of the head towards the Auror (Fira), he watched Seren and him converse for a few moments and leeeeeeeeeeeaning a bit in his seat to try and get close enough to hear things, but the chitter chatter at the staff table and throughout the Great Hall in general made that impossible. Alas.

SPOILER!!: Javy
[QUOTE=Charely Potter;11604306]
Leave to Airey to make the most unique comparisons to his own benefit. Javy could only imagine the thought process on picking one example out of the many others that he could've used and choosing the one that was least expected of. "Good." Remarkable wasn't it? Now he wouldn't need that top hat anymore, it had done the job on giving him an unforgettable appearance. Anyways, his face contorted into slight concern on how the trip turned out. Luckily he didn't have to ask for more details as Airey went right on ahead to tell.

Blinking as he tried to process that quick summary on a zombie attack. "..They attacked your suit?" It must have been quite the outfit, given zombies usually aren't picky on their attire. Now about that arm.. "Did you keep it?" That had to have been a wicked souvenir.

As if there wasn't enough confusion, he sounded confused about Lala. "Yes.. Lala, my goose." An eyebrow raise for him. Had he have forgotten to introduce to two to each other? And what was this about it being told to hand it to him? Javy had a feeling this secret admirer was looking to be an on-going chase at this rate. Anyways, that could be debated later on when he just wanted to stay relaxed. "Oh, I've heard about those, but haven't tried them. How exactly do they taste?"

Shifting his position in his seat so he was properly sitting Indian style, knees hanging over either side of his seat, Airey rocked side to side slightly as he continued his conversation. "Clearly camouflage print is in," he chuckled. Not that those things had needed any assistance in blending in with the foliage. The smell had been a give away though. Meeeeeeerlin he had never smelled anything so foul as that and he had been around more than a few varities of dung bombs in his day. Few custom made ones too. He too special pride in those. "I do. Have it locked up in my office for safe keeping along with a few rocks I picked up along the way. Not a bad haul of souvenirs. You two should have come, you know. Instead of wasting time making oogly eyes at each other at the Leaky Cauldron. Missed out on a real adventure."

Lame. Laaaaaaaaame.

Goose? Well, at least those didn't have fur. "Ah right. Now that you mention it that does ring a bell." He seemed to remember her saying something along those lines anyway. He had honestly tuned her out once she got all blushy and overly girly about the kale.

"They taste like....they taste like....gooey heaven sandwiched between two crumbly rectangles of delight. You ought to try them sometime." He also recommended substituting some chocolate for Nutella, but babysteps.

SPOILER!!: Piers! >:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

Oh, did Javy have something against what Piers was wearing tonight? He was wearing his typical, simple suit that he always wore for feasts. He didn't have a tie, though. Speaking of ties, why was Javy taking his off?

.... Oh.

"Oh, thank you. I really needed a bow in my hair. It really adds to my outfit." Piers patted the bow tie in his hair to let it settle on his curls. Wouldn't be a proper feast if Javy didn't decorate his hair, would it? He let the bow sit on his head and took a sip of water from his own goblet. He nodded and shrugged at Javy's question. "Summer wasn't long enough, of course, but it does feel good to be back." Back to some daily structure and whatnot. "You?"

Then, hearing the astronomy professor's voice, Piers chuckled as he turned away from Kirby. But then he saw what he was wearing on his head....... "Your hat's crooked," he grunted. Piers should have known he would actually wear it. Better him than on Javy.... right? Whatever. That Astronomy man was a weirdo, too.

Whaaaat? Airey got Javy a present? Piers kept his eye on the exchange and the suspicious brown paper bag. Kale and cabbage? Piers' eyes narrowed a little bit when Javy told Airey that's what Lala liked. Then he remembered the letter Javy got from a secret admirer that had a gift attached to it. Didn't that say something about kale? Piers' eyebrow was up near his hairline during their little exchange there. Just watchin'. Listenin'. Casually. Uh huh.

"Tilted. Not crooked. Tilted," he corrected with an obnoxious smirk while puffing out his chest just a bit. "You should appreciate the aesthetic quality that is a tilt. Tilts are a vital phenomenon in the universe, you know."

But seriously, who had put the sulfur under the Charms professor's nose? The man was giving the astronomer looks. Unpleasant ones. Did he want some kale? It was well into the evening now and everyone's stomachs were grumbling, so it was no wonder that Piers was a bit grumpy. "I am sure if you ask Javy for some he will feed you," he said, pointing to the brown paper bag. "Assuming you and Lala have the same taste that is."

Heh. He amused himself sometimes.

Rocking a bit more in his seat, Airey caught Old Man River out of the corner of his eyes and felt .... a little sad. After what had happened last term, having his youthful and limber body returned to him for a time, the astronomer could actually....relate to the old man. Airey's back had significantly improved since the cure, to a better condition that it had been prior to the aging epidemic, it was a pity that the Runes Master had had to see himself grow old. Twice.

"Evening, er, Sir," he nodded towards him. "You can, er, scoot down a seat if you want since this one is empty again." You know, not be all alone at the end of the table like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post

Looking to the man in the suit she gave him super happy waves. "Hello.. Cassiopiea Morgan and you are a Sagittarius, aren't you?" She could tell by just his way about him. "Eeep! I'm just so nervicided" He looked familiar, but she wasn't sure why. She was so bad with faces at times. Speaking of faces her green eyes hit someone she knew was not staff. He's entire vibe was saying something different. She grinned and gave him waves too.
And then there was lots of waving going on. OH ENTHUSIASM HE COULD APPRECIATE THAT! The astronomer sat up a bit more in his seat to catch all that was going on and returned the new Divination professors waves with equal vigor. Noticing the eye exchange between the Potions Master and the two new professors - another reminder that Calista was really gone - his thoughts were distracted when the blonde started handing out pieces of parchment and Piers uttered one of the words that was on Airey's list of things he never wanted to hear said in his presence: horoscope.

Snorting loudly as he looked down at the table top and muttered a few incoherent things under his breath, he looked up again when the blonde addressed him. "Airey Flamsteed," he greeted with a tight lipped smile. "If by that you mean I am an individual whose birthday happens to fall between November 22 - December 21 in which the Sun transits that particular constellation in the ecliptic coordinate system known as the zodiac...then yes. I am."

Did he dare ask why it mattered? He did.

"Why do you ask?"

Curiosity was such a curse at times.

He glanced a little further down the table towards the History of Magic professor. He needed to speak with her about something...but later. He wasn't about to shout across the table. That would only earn him death glares from the Headmistress.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes