View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
GlassXRose
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers

Default Two quotes and Genevive
|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Vic kept his grin on and moved away from the spilled jar, back to where his companion was. "They are keeping us on our toes." The entire department probably were willing to attest to this. "I'm not usually clumsy, I just haven't had my cup of coffee yet today." Just putting this out there. Yeah, he had great coordinated limbs with caffeine. He had more jokes and words to share with Octavia, if it weren't for the fussing lady who made herself present by raising her voice. Oops, he hadn't seen her there.

Calm down, though? If Vic got any calmer than this he might just fall asleep here on the floor and he had a feeling she wouldn't appreciate that, hehh heh. He went to retrieve some gloves for himself and for Octavia, waiting for the lab lady to tell them what to do. The Branxton kid wasn't stealthy enough sadly because he glanced her way and gave her a mentor-y smile.

Oh did the lady just jab at him? Hmm? He laughed, light-heartedly. "We're all here to clean up, I assure you. Apologies for... spilling up some liquid." He was all about respecting territories, but he couldn't take pesticides seriously. It sounded like a task made to... have fun. Probably shouldn't say this out loud to Ms. Lab Lady. He'd get in more trouble. ANYWAY, off to work? Vic raised his hand, politely but also a bit sarcastically. "Can we get the bottles and leave to do that task in our offices, ma'am?" The spraying?Hmm? Because she sounded like they were going to have to do the spraying in here, which... wasn't their intention.
Elinor nodded towards the fellow and assured him "That's okay." Her intention wasn't to yell at anyone, even though that's kind of exactly what she did. The lab was only so big, and people took up a lot of space, what with the mess and all... She cocked her head at what he had said before someone else spoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

And then a lady piped up and Octavia frowned looking over at her. Who did she think she was?! ”Forgive me if I’m wrong” she interjected. ”But I am fairly certain the instructions on our noticeboard were to come collect the sprays from here and disinfect the entire department.” And that was what they were all doing here in their shared laboratory. She was not her boss, she wasn’t even a member of her division. Octavia did not take kindly to being told what to do by those whom were not above her. ”I am sorry if we have invaded your workspace but we are just doing what our department head has told us” And she would do very well as to stop bossing everybody about.

As for doing this lady’s dirty work. They had already cleaned up their offices when they had been asked to and the importance right now was to disinfect against the Chizpurfle invasion. ”I am with Vic here, I think it would be much more beneficial if we were to do our own divisions and not all focus on yours.” Goodness. She certainly did not want to stay around for long.

Honestly. Some people.

Elinor turned, and her eyebrows raised. The instructions on the noticeboard..? Oh. She threw up her hands in a gesture that said that the woman had just told her something of which she was not aware at all. "That explains it, then! Yes, yes, take them! Dear me-- take them..." Elinor picked up the box that Derek had brought in and moved it to the counter closest to the door to the lab. That way they could just take one on the way out and no one would have to barge in again for long.

All she could wonder at this point is why the bottles had been put in here? And not somewhere more central? She held up her hands, latex-covered palms out, and offered an exasperated but apologetic look at the people in the lab, but she said nothing more for fear of more unintentional yelling. Instead, she began searching her own cabinets for another bag.

One of the people who was evidently here to help her asked about repairing things. Eying what she had in her hand, the lab technician gave her a nod. "If it looks like it can be repaired, I'm sure Emily will appreciate that." Elinor was not about to make her spend money to replace something that might not need replacing...