View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 05:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: Culloden
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
It didn't even cross Cosgrach's mind that he might have offended the boy or embarrassed him, so he was taken aback when Sander excused himself so abruptly. Oh well. He wasn't going to tell him to stay. He wasn't sure how Sophie would like it, so he turned to the computers.

"It's a monitor of a computer, actually," he said, "and it works like a television. It shows what the computer is doing." He was going to power one up, but Sander had already done that, so he indicated him with his head.

"Let's not occupy all the computers," he said and walked to where the Hufflepuff. Since Sophie approached him kindly, he was going to assume she didn't mind it either, and the boy... didn't have much choice against a professor.

Ah, perks of being one.

"My favourite is console games, actually," he said to Sophie while he let Sander do the desktop stuff and whatnot. He seemed to know what he was doing. "You plug them into a television and play it with different controls like the mouse of computer," he pointed to it, "but these muggles have use such advanced graphics that you feel like you are in there." He grinned like a little child. Could they imagine THAT?

"I should tell Fina to get one of those..." He paused, then eyed the screen.

Was it on yet?

Ooooh, a monitor. That sounded cool. She wasn't sure what that meant until the Potions Master explained, and Sophie gave a few short nods of understanding. "Cool. So actual computer is..." she scanned the area and various cords that were hooked up to point at the big rectangular box thing, "that? That's like the power source and where all the information and technical stuff is stored?" She moved alongside Culloden over to Sander, unsure of why they wanted to not use up all the computers when there were only a few people present, but she figured the man had his reasons. Perhaps other motives? "How come it's not like a television - I mean, a telly is just one big box with the monitor and stuff all attached on that one box - how come the actual computer part isn't built into the monitor, too?"

The console games sounded like a lot of fun, even though the concept was kind of confusing. "I think I'd like that a lot - it sounds super cool. D'you think she would? I mean, if you suggested it and told her it was for learning purposes... technically it WOULD be..." Sophie trailed off, giving Culloden a big grin and an innocent shrug. Just a suggestion.

Text Cut: Sander
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireboltAvis88 View Post
Sander was surprised when the Professor and Sophie came over to join him at the computer he was working on. He smiled at both of them before making room for Sophie to watch the monitor closely.

....and the monitor lit up. Sander was pleasantly surprised to see that the computer software was not antiquated as he thought it would be. Hearing the Professor describe how the computer could be used to play games on, Sander immediately checked through the folders and was delighted to see one labeled games. He moved the mouse connected to the computer, and double clicked on the folder.

Wah...lah....the monitor display was now filled with moving lights and figures and music could be heard from its speakers.

"It looks like whoever entered the programs into this computer, did a good job of adding a wide selection of interesting games here." Sander informed both Sophie and the Professor.

"I see there's Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Bejeweled Blitz, Starcraft and Battlefield. There's even good old Donkey Kong and Super Mario Brothers. Sophie would you like to try playing one of them? I'm sure Professor Cosgrach here is familiar with some of them. " Sander moved the mouse closer to Sophie.

Ooooooo. So games could be played on the computer? Sophie looked on around Sander with interest. She had no idea what any of the things were that the Hufflepuff had just named off, but the candy one sounded fun. "I think I'd rather watch for now." Because she had no idea how any of it worked and she'd rather not completely embarrass herself in front of the professor, even if he already knew she didn't know anything about any of it. If she wasn't able to pick up on it quickly, she wouldn't want to give her new mentor a reason to be disappointed in her so early on, right?

"You go on, professor, if you want. Show me how it's done?" She was totally begging a little.